My Freemasonry | Freemason Information and Discussion Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Degree Work?

Benjamin Baxter

Premium Member
Without getting into it to much. Is degree work or at least the "mouth to ear" stuff allowed on the phone? Or is it in person only? Did Anyone use this method to stay on top of it? I work shift work(dupont schedule) and it seems hard to meet in person combined with this lovely weather we are having currently.

Bill Lins

Moderating Staff
Staff Member
When answering specific questions on the phone, we couch the question in such a way that a cowan or eavesdropper could not understand us. I don't know how one could do this while learning the work, as the exact language is supposed to be taught. Remember that not even land lines, much less cellular, can be considered to be entirely secure.

Bro. Stewart P.M.

Lead Moderator Emeritus
Staff Member
Bill, did you mean *can not*?

I would say NO. Even if you could guarantee a "secure" line via land line or cellular, there is no way to guarantee that there is not an eavesdropper on either end of the phone... I trust many a Brother, but will not discuss anything esoteric unless I personally know "who" is around us in the flesh.