Degree Work?

Discussion in 'General Freemasonry Discussion' started by Benjamin Baxter, Feb 4, 2011.

1. Benjamin Baxter

Benjamin Baxter Moderator Staff Member

Without getting into it to much. Is degree work or at least the "mouth to ear" stuff allowed on the phone? Or is it in person only? Did Anyone use this method to stay on top of it? I work shift work(dupont schedule) and it seems hard to meet in person combined with this lovely weather we are having currently.

2. Bill Lins

Bill Lins Moderating Staff Staff Member

When answering specific questions on the phone, we couch the question in such a way that a cowan or eavesdropper could not understand us. I don't know how one could do this while learning the work, as the exact language is supposed to be taught. Remember that not even land lines, much less cellular, can be considered to be entirely secure.

3. Bro. Stewart P.M.

Bro. Stewart P.M. Lead Moderator Emeritus Staff Member

Bill, did you mean *can not*?

I would say NO. Even if you could guarantee a "secure" line via land line or cellular, there is no way to guarantee that there is not an eavesdropper on either end of the phone... I trust many a Brother, but will not discuss anything esoteric unless I personally know "who" is around us in the flesh.

Share My Freemasonry