My Freemasonry | Freemason Information and Discussion Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Different lodge.

jharmon79

Greetings fellow brothers. I am looking to visit a different lodge and i was wondering what questions will be asked of me? I have never visited another lodge. I, unfortunately, haven't been able to attend my lodge since I was raised (2013) due to my work schedule. I'm looking for a different lodge to accommodate my schedule. I'm just trying to figure out what I should expect.
Thank you!

Bro. John S. Harmon

jwardl

I cannot speak of SC, though here in Texas you'd need to bring your current dues card and a picture ID to show its yours. You'd likely be asked to recite the Tiler's Oath -- and if the brothers who examined you so felt the need, might be asked to prove your regularity by demonstrating familiarity with other ritual.

I'd imagine that your GL would prescribe much the same.

jharmon79

Thanks for the info. My GL told me to just find a lodge that met my needs for my schedule. To visit them and when I decided on one to inform my secretary that I wish to switch that way I don't have to demit my current lodge and there's no time loss.

Bro. John S. Harmon