My Freemasonry | Freemason Information and Discussion Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Dissolution and Recreation of the Heroines of Jericho


Registered User
Good afternoon Brethren,

I'm reading through Richardson's Monitor of Freemasonry and came across the Heroine of Jericho degree which is conferred on a Royal Arch Mason's wife. In a bit of digging I found that there is only a Prince Hall variant in my state (that I have found thus far), it otherwise seems fairly dissolved. How does one go about recreating a degree. The book only says it can be given by a Royal Arch Mason. Would one need to go through their state Grand Chapter? Does one have to locate a body of Heroine of Jericho to be given the degree first? Thanks in advance!

Brother JC

Moderating Staff
Staff Member
I would assume you would need to go through a state or national body. Like other orders outside of Masonry someone controls it and it’s not your lodge.


Site Benefactor
I've never heard of this but then I have only been a Master Mason for a short time and a Royal Arch Mason even less. Will check with some of my Companions about this.