My Freemasonry | Freemason Information and Discussion Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Dutch Oven Cooking

Nate C.

There's not too much that can't be done in a dutch oven. I use mine in the house more than over an open fire (just because there never seems to be enough time to squeeze in a camping trip) but the outcome is equally tasty.

I am a BIG fan of dutch oven peach cobbler.

Joey

Co-Founder
Staff Member
There are several Dutch Oven cook-offs here in Gonzales each year. My favorite is the one that our church does. There is EXCELLENT food that gets cooked. :14:

rhitland

Founding Member
Premium Member
I take a whole chicken and place it in my dutch oven with potatoes, onions, garlic, celery?, carrots, and really any other thing in the kitchen I think would be good in what I call a "whole chicken stew". Then fill the pot about 3/4s or until most of the side contents are covered with water or chicken broth if you want more flavor. Put that bad boy in the oven for about 2 1/2 to 3hrs at about 420 degress and presto. I have also put rice in with all that and made a whole chicken caserole. The chicken falls off the bone and is always so so awesome. With it getting cold I have busted mine out and am cleaning it for use. This year I plan to cook with it in my fireplace. :)