My Freemasonry | Freemason Information and Discussion Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Education in the Lodge

Wingnut

Premium Member
I started an ALL and LIFE study night at Saint Johns but its since been discontinued due to lack of participation. We did get the ALL completed for 10 Brothers last year and the LIFE (all volumes) for 6 others.

owls84

Premium Member
Our education program is in an infant stage right now. I will be doing an ALL program presentation for the first time on tomorrow. The LIFE program is under the education committee as well.

I have been talking with Bro. Shelton and he has came up with most of the ideas I have used but I have tweaked a lilttle. I just assigned a Mentor to our first EA last night. The Mentor's duties is nothing more than to check in and speak to the Brother. Memory Work is not included in this. Then come stated meeting the Mentor will stand and speak on the Progress of the Brother. This has accountablity on the Mentor because if he don't have a reason for the progress he has to stand and let everyone know. (Brother Tom came up with this)

We are working on implementing a very detailed investigation/mentor process. One where it is a no brainer as to what is required between investigators and they build on each others visit instead of doing the same investigation 3 times. The biggest complaint I have heard when I go on investigations when not doing this is the difference between the investigators. Some cadidates have even said that they were almost turned off by the lack of being prepared. This would eliminate that and I think help the initiatic experience. I am taking a few Brothers to listen to Bro. Shelton do this at Tarrant Lodge next Monday. Then I am having a Brother take ownership of the program and change it to fit our Lodge and teach it at Lake Worth Lodge.

I am working having open discussions with the Brethren. This would be done on floor school nights when they don't have anything to do in floor school. Too many times I see guys go to the Lodge Room to do "Floor School" and they end up saying one line or just sitting on the side line. I say make the Instructor the Candidate then only have the few people up there that is nessicary and send the rest to work. I want to get in the habit of those not in Floor School to sit around a table and discuss Masonic topics. Such as a new meaning to the 3 degrees. A deeper meaning to the Trowel. I will give you an example.

Brother Bryan brought up that he often wonders what the gates to the Sanctum Sanctorum in heaven looks like and it got me thinking about how we may call ourselves Master Masons but have yet to be raised and we may only achieve that by being raised after we pass. Then go from there. Basically throw a topic out then let the others talk. After a few sessions everyone will have an experience to discuss and thats when you know you have done your job. When people can't wait to get to Lodge to discuss where they saw Masonry. Then Masonry is a part of people's lives and they are truely living it and looking for it EVERYWHERE.

Finally, one thing Brother Shelton and I have spoke about is a Leadership Program that would consitst of many areas much like the Wardens Retreat but Lodge Specific. I know he has several programs in mind as do I. No reason doing two programs for the same topic. I think a good brain storming session will be in the near future.

As I stated before Bro. Shelton have come up with most of this with I know Bro. Rhit's help and others. I am just taking and running with the torch hopefully igniting a fire along the way. If anyone wants to discuss this more please email me.

Last edited:

rhitland

Founding Member
Premium Member
I posted your telephone # on the internet bathroom wall with the message call for a good time!