My Freemasonry | Freemason Information and Discussion Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Egypt Pyramid Closes Ahead Of 11/11/11

A7V

From Huffington: http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2011/11/11/egypt-pyramid-11-11-11_n_1087823.html

The closure follows a string of unconfirmed reports in local media that unidentified groups would try to hold "Jewish" or "Masonic" rites on the site to take advantage of mysterious powers coming from the pyramid on the rare date.

I wonder how much truth there is to this. I can believe that Masons would want to do this. It would be a far stretch for most American Masons but our Brothers in other parts of the world are more interested in the esoteric mysteries and play into the "cult" like myth that here in America we try to tear down.

Maybe not an actual lodge would do this but a group of like minded Brothers who are looking for more Light.

All in all my guess is it is some esoteric group that has borrowed heavily from Masonry that would be trying to do this nothing like a Thelema but probably a small local group that I can't even name, not actual Freemasons, but I wouldn't count out Brothers being part of the membership.

Man I love stuff like this!

A7V

You know I was thinking that this is Egypt and it is a Muslim country even though very secular. An established lodge (if they exist there) could have asked permission to peform work because how cool would it be to have been raised on 11/11/11 at the Pyramids! It leaked and the media as they do with Freemasonry turned it into something crazy.

cemab4y

Premium Member
I have seen reports, that the pyramid has been closed to tourism. There was no mention of any specific reason.