Establish lodge in Iraqi

Discussion in 'Locating a Lodge' started by freemhd, May 22, 2013.

1. freemhd

freemhd Registered User

Dears brothers
    What do you think about establishing a lodge or some place to gather Freemasons in Iraq. And it can be in safe area luke Erbil

And if someone can help me

Thanks

Freemason Connect Mobile

Freemason Connect Mobile

2. Blake Bowden

Blake Bowden Administrator Staff Member

Unfortunately my Grand Lodge (Grand Lodge of Texas) will no charter lodges outside of it's jurisdiction.

3. Mike Martin

Mike Martin Eternal Apprentice Premium Member

BEFORE a Lodge could be established for Iraqi citizens. the Iraqi Government would have to make an official declaration stating that Freemasonry is no longer an illegal organisation and that there would be no repercussions for Iraqis becoming Freemasons.

4. cemab4y

cemab4y Premium Member

We tried to get a lodge on Al Asad Air Base, Iraq. Only for USA Freemasons, since Iraqis were forbidden to enter the base. We never got a charter. I am relocating to Kabul, Afghanistan. There are no working USA lodges there, but I intend to establish an informal "Square and Compasses" club.

5. Celidonious

Celidonious Registered User

There is a PHA lodge in Iraq I will get the info if needed

My Freemasonry HD

goomba and ayoub like this.
  6. ayoub

ayoub Registered User

Dear brother, im lovated in Basra and would love to be coonectrd with any of the brothers in Iraq.. can you please help on this

Sent from my iPhone using My Freemasonry mobile app

7. Ripcord22A

Ripcord22A Site Benefactor

8. Bro Asad

Bro Asad Premium Member

Not in regards to Iraq but in Pakistan Freemasonry got banned in 1972 by then prime minister Bhutto
    Unfortunately my Pakistani brethren seem to have a highly misconstrued perception of our work. I wonder how many of them know the gentleman who is known to be responsible for Pakistans' independence, and so widely celebrated studied in London and was recommended to be the governor of Pakistan by, correct me if I'm wrong, brother Clement Attlee PM of UK at the time.
    I have family there and I've heard Freemasons are very much active;):rolleyes:

Edit- Muhammad Ali Jinnah: "founder", governor General of Pakistan

Share My Freemasonry