My Freemasonry | Freemason Information and Discussion Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Everything is okay in the end

JTM

"Just in case"
Premium Member
So, philosophical argument/comment/thought.

If everything is okay in the end, can it be said that if everything is not okay, it's not the end?

Taking it further, do you want everything to be okay in your life? Essentially that would mean that it's the end of your life.

And if not the "end of your life" as in you are about to die, then perhaps I'm referring to the "end of meaning."

As a summation, perhaps the trials and tribulations that we face on a day to day basis are a good sign that we have a meaning in life, a purpose, and our life is not over. It's only when you have no more trials that you've truly come to the end of your life.

dhouseholder

So, philosophical argument/comment/thought.

If everything is okay in the end, can it be said that if everything is not okay, it's not the end?

Taking it further, do you want everything to be okay in your life? Essentially that would mean that it's the end of your life.

And if not the "end of your life" as in you are about to die, then perhaps I'm referring to the "end of meaning."

As a summation, perhaps the trials and tribulations that we face on a day to day basis are a good sign that we have a meaning in life, a purpose, and our life is not over. It's only when you have no more trials that you've truly come to the end of your life.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Buddhism#Nirvana

:14:

dhouseholder

But seriously, if you came to that conclusion by yourself and through your own reasoning, you are truly a thinker my friend.

JTM

"Just in case"
Premium Member
well, one of my friends keeps saying "everything will be okay in the end" even in regards to the most miniscule things.

eventually i was forced to think about it or punch him in the gut.

dhouseholder

Daddy always said "It'll all come out in the wash". Same same.

Trials and tribulations are rooted in the human condition, which is desire. For example, say if you have a family member that you feel it is your duty to "help", either with a personal problem, addiction, finance, relationship, whatever. Your life now has purpose. Meaning. You continue to help with the problem until it is solved or concluded; until you no longer desire to help them, or realize you can't help further. It's a lot like those older folk who, not to soon after their spouse dies, they die; or those workaholics who pass right after they retire.

The Buddhists believe that once human desire has been satiated, then you will reach enlightenment. One of the beauties of human religion is that they really seemed tied together with the same types of threads. :thumbup1:

I bet your dad who have made a great Buddhist! :D

Bill Lins

Moderating Staff
Staff Member
Actually, I think he meant "don't sweat the small stuff". In the great scheme of things, it's all small stuff!

BroBook

Premium Member
Oh don't worry GOD will have His way or He is not!!!! As it was in the beginning so shall it be in the ending world without end amen!!!SMIB

Bro Book
M.W.U.G.L. Of Fl: P.H.A.
Excelsior # 43
At pensacola

pointwithinacircle2

Rapscallion
Premium Member
It is a circle whose center is everywhere and whose circumference is nowhere. Meaning, it was okay in the beginning, it is okay now, and it will be okay at the end. In my experience it is only "I" who is not okay. Everything around me is exactly as it is supposed to be all the time. World without end.