My Freemasonry | Freemason Information and Discussion Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Exhausting Day At AASR Reunion

Warrior1256

Site Benefactor
Yesterday I worked a twelve hour reunion in my Knights of St. Andrew role as the service organization within the AASR. As this was a one day reunion things were very fast paced. My job was to see that the candidates were where they were supposed to be on time. A Brother that had done this job for years told me it was like "herding cats". As this Brother was much more knowledgeable and experienced than me I didn't disagree with him but I thought to myself "These are grown men. You just tell them to go from point A to point B or tell them to take a ten minute break and then be at such and such place and they will be there". WRONG!!!!! When you tell them where to be and when to be there there would always be two or three guys absent. When you scoured the building and found these people and took them to the meeting place you would find that one or two of the people that were there when you checked the first time are now missing. You search the building for these, find them, get them where they are supposed to be we are ready, finally, to begin. As this was my first time in this job I learned a lot and will do some things differently next time. Although it was frustrating I still enjoyed it and I look back on it now and laugh. My wife laughed the first time that I told the story when I returned home, lol.

Bloke

Premium Member
LOL - at tyling time we almost always talk of herding the cats ! It's made even harder because we crack open a bottle of wine and no one every seems to be in the one place - esp those pesky smokers !

Warrior1256

Site Benefactor
LOL - at tyling time we almost always talk of herding the cats ! It's made even harder because we crack open a bottle of wine and no one every seems to be in the one place - esp those pesky smokers !
Yeah, smokers were part of the problem at the reunion, lol.