FAQ: I heard a Mason talking about a Masonic Bible. Do Masons have their own Bible?

Discussion in 'Frequently Asked Questions' started by Larry the Mason from Holbrook, Sep 9, 2009.

1. The Freemasonry FAQ

Version 1.0
    August 2006

This Frequently Asked Question comes from the weekly USENET MASONRY FAQ, posted to alt.freemasonry every Friday at 08:00 Pacific. Please refer to the weekly FAQ for other resource and contact information.

I heard a Mason talking about a Masonic Bible. Do Masons have their own Bible?

"No. The Bibles sometimes called 'Masonic Bibles' are just Bibles to
    which a concordance, giving the Biblical citations on which the
    Masonic Ritual is based, has been added. Sometimes reference material
    on Masonic history is included. Anyone is welcome to read one." (Dr.
    Jim Tresner, 33rd degree) Masonic Bibles are usually the King James
    version.

2. TMorgan

TMorgan Registered User

3. CLewey44

CLewey44 Registered User

4. Mike Martin

Mike Martin Eternal Apprentice Premium Member

There is no such thing as a “Masonic Bible”, even though many Freemasons unfortunately will use the term. However, there is a Masonic “presentation” Bible, which here in England, is usually presented to a brother when he attains the Third or Master Mason Degree.

The Masonic presentation Bible has one cover but actually contains 2 books, the first is a book called Freemasonry & the Bible by HL Haywood and the second is the normal King James V version of the Old and New Testaments. It also has a bit at the beginning just like a family presentation Bible for the brother’s Lodge details to be entered into

5. Warrior1256

Warrior1256 Site Benefactor

Here we simply give a King James version that has a S&C on the cover and a page for Brothers to sign to the family at a Masonic funeral.

Keith C and WX2CIB like this.
  6. Keith C

Keith C Registered User

The one we give to newly Raised Brothers in our Lodge is a KJV that has a S&C on the cover and pages in the front for the dates of Each Degree and the WM, SW & JW that took part in each Degree.

Share My Freemasonry