Favorite appendant or concordant body and why?

Discussion in 'General Freemasonry Discussion' started by CLewey44, Jul 6, 2017.

1. CLewey44

CLewey44 Registered User

Just curious what your favorite concordant or appendant body or bodies are in Masonry?

2. Brother JC

Brother JC Vigilant Staff Member

Mark, Royal Arch, SRICF. Difficult to explain the "why."

GKA and CLewey44 like this.
  3. CLewey44

CLewey44 Registered User

I caN undeRstand that sort of cautIon.

goomba likes this.
  4. Glen Cook

Glen Cook G A Cook Site Benefactor

It varies. Royal Ark Mariners is up there. CBCS. Mark. I'm in the degree team for the latter two, so that may influence my choice. They are older rituals as well.

CLewey44 likes this.
  5. Brother JC

Brother JC Vigilant Staff Member

Not so much caution as an inability to put it into words.

6. Mosaic

Mosaic Registered User

Scottish Rite. Particularly the LOP.

Something about how M&D expounds upon it made me appreciate it so much

CLewey44 likes this.
  7. Companion Joe

Companion Joe Premium Member

I like the Chapter and York Rite College best.
    I like the Chapter because I think the lessons of the Mark Master degree are about as important as they come.
    I like the College because the Knight of York degree is my favorite degree of all. I teach about Anglo-Saxon England, so it's important and fun for me.

CLewey44 likes this.
  8. goomba

goomba Neo-Antient Site Benefactor

Personal favorite: SRICF and Royal Arch. Granted Mark is getting more love the older I get.
    One I think gets overlooked a lot: Knight Masons. The degrees are just good and fit nicely into the York Rite system.

As much as I dislike the Commandery you'd have to be blind to not see the beauty within the Order of the Temple. If any degree was sexy this would be it.

Brother JC and GKA like this.
  9. MarkR

MarkR Premium Member

The only appendant/concordant bodies I belong to are Scottish Rite and Royal Order of Scotland. So, since I can't compare them to the others, I can't really make a statement about 'favorite.' But I'm happy with where I am.

goomba likes this.
  10. Glen Cook

Glen Cook G A Cook Site Benefactor

There is a stage of life where Happy is a valuable descriptor.

11. BullDozer Harrell

BullDozer Harrell Registered User

[​IMG]

12. Warrior1256

Warrior1256 Site Benefactor

Chapter, Council and Knights Templar, the entire York Rite.

I think that the rituals are the most beautiful of any that I have seen and continues the lessons of the Blue Lodge. I also enjoy the Christian elements of the Orders.

GKA likes this.
  13. cemab4y

cemab4y Premium Member

When I lived in Columbus OH, I was very active in the Shrine. I was in five(5) Shrine clubs, and president of one of them. My wife and I were doing some kind of Shrine activity almost every weekend. We particularly enjoyed the "Shrine Hillbillies".

14. Phil P

Phil P Registered User

I'm biased, so I would have to say DeMolay since I was a member of that group as a teenager growing up in the San Francisco bay area. My mom would drive me all over the bay area to some of the other Chapter meetings & if there was an installation then I was there. Ity was some of the greatest memories that I've ever had, plus I've competed in jurisdictional ritual competition as well in the Ceremony of Light. Every time I competed I always placed in the top 10. I have to give alot of credit to my involvement in DeMolay to me wanting to join the lodge. Hopefully next yr my middle son Jacob will be able to Join Lionheart Chapter of DeMolay in Conroe when he turns 12

Warrior1256 likes this.
  15. Bloke

Bloke Premium Member

The bit between when you're born and when you die ?
    :)

Warrior1256 likes this.
  16. Warrior1256

Warrior1256 Site Benefactor

Exactly!

Bloke likes this.

Share My Freemasonry