My Freemasonry | Freemason Information and Discussion Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Favorite appendant or concordant body and why?

Glen Cook

G A Cook
Site Benefactor
It varies. Royal Ark Mariners is up there. CBCS. Mark. I'm in the degree team for the latter two, so that may influence my choice. They are older rituals as well.

Mosaic

Scottish Rite. Particularly the LOP.

Something about how M&D expounds upon it made me appreciate it so much

Companion Joe

Premium Member
I like the Chapter and York Rite College best.
I like the Chapter because I think the lessons of the Mark Master degree are about as important as they come.
I like the College because the Knight of York degree is my favorite degree of all. I teach about Anglo-Saxon England, so it's important and fun for me.

goomba

Neo-Antient
Site Benefactor
Personal favorite: SRICF and Royal Arch. Granted Mark is getting more love the older I get.
One I think gets overlooked a lot: Knight Masons. The degrees are just good and fit nicely into the York Rite system.

As much as I dislike the Commandery you'd have to be blind to not see the beauty within the Order of the Temple. If any degree was sexy this would be it.

MarkR

Premium Member
The only appendant/concordant bodies I belong to are Scottish Rite and Royal Order of Scotland. So, since I can't compare them to the others, I can't really make a statement about 'favorite.' But I'm happy with where I am.

BullDozer Harrell

I caN undeRstand that sort of cautIon.
a2890b384e3df17e7659f3c677a07eaa.jpg

Warrior1256

Site Benefactor
Chapter, Council and Knights Templar, the entire York Rite.

I think that the rituals are the most beautiful of any that I have seen and continues the lessons of the Blue Lodge. I also enjoy the Christian elements of the Orders.

Reactions: GKA

cemab4y

Premium Member
When I lived in Columbus OH, I was very active in the Shrine. I was in five(5) Shrine clubs, and president of one of them. My wife and I were doing some kind of Shrine activity almost every weekend. We particularly enjoyed the "Shrine Hillbillies".

Phil P

I'm biased, so I would have to say DeMolay since I was a member of that group as a teenager growing up in the San Francisco bay area. My mom would drive me all over the bay area to some of the other Chapter meetings & if there was an installation then I was there. Ity was some of the greatest memories that I've ever had, plus I've competed in jurisdictional ritual competition as well in the Ceremony of Light. Every time I competed I always placed in the top 10. I have to give alot of credit to my involvement in DeMolay to me wanting to join the lodge. Hopefully next yr my middle son Jacob will be able to Join Lionheart Chapter of DeMolay in Conroe when he turns 12