My Freemasonry | Freemason Information and Discussion Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Finally a master mason

MWilliams

I have been waiting for this moment for years and it is finally close.Next week's friday I'll become a master mason.
Being raised is a memorable experience. Does your lodge have further catechism work after being raised. Ours did and it was a lot to learn in just 45 days. I don't regret a bit of it at all though. The catechism work for all three degrees contains the alchemy that truly makes good men better, most especially what is in the Fellow Craft. A lot of people look at FC as a "bridge degree" but nothing could be further from the truth. Within that degree is the reason we are all here...

JanneProeliator

At least after the EA and FC there was an after education that was given to me about the degrees. I assume I will be given one for the MM too.

Keith C

I was raised to a degree of master mason last night.
It was beautifull experience and i had great time hanging out with my brothers at the lodge untill 2AM

Congratulations.

2AM, is WAY past my bed time! I am usually one of the last out the door and I haven't stayed past 10:45! You must be a Lodge of Night Owls!

JanneProeliator

Congratulations.

2AM, is WAY past my bed time! I am usually one of the last out the door and I haven't stayed past 10:45! You must be a Lodge of Night Owls!
Bottle of wine and good company on a friday night goes long way. :D

Usually I'm home way earlier too, but it was my night and I enjoyed it to the fullest. :)

JanneProeliator

Wine? That explains a lot! No wine or alcoholic beverages of any kind in a Lodge building here!
We have a small private bar at the lodge.
I don't drink alcohol my slef but some of the brothers enjoy glass or two of wine with food and a cogniag with coffee or a drink after the speech is free. I think it is great way to have couple of drinks with friends and to really talk about important things in life. We stayed late to talk about our journy in MAsonry, what was surprising and what got us hooked to the craft. Really enlighting.

Symthrell

The GL of the state I live in does not think it is good to allow lodges to have alcohol on site. So we have to go to another location to do so. I don't understand their hang up about this but such is life. I hope your journey is a wonderful experience and that you continue to be a valuable member of your lodge for years and years to come!