My Freemasonry | Freemason Information and Discussion Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Firefighter suspended for refusing to peel American flag sticker from locker

ljlinson1206

Premium Member
Premium Member
This is the kind of thing that makes me wanna find a democrat and beat the s**t out of them. What has our country become. The Stars and Stripes represents the men and women who gave the ultimate sacrifice so that this country would remain free. And to see someone, ANYONE, want it taken down because it might be "OFFENSIVE" makes me want to puke!!!!!!!

Sorry for the rant guys.

JTM

"Just in case"
Premium Member
power in numbers is not a good thing. power in numbers is a democracy, and democracy can turn on you just as a dictator could. the power of a democracy lies in the slick of tongue.

power of the law is what we need. "can everyone abide by the rules set forth?" if not, the rules need to be changed. if so, then the republic wins.

this being a firehouse, paid for by the government, the rule for "no political decals" needs to stand firm or be removed. exceptions are not a good thing.

a flag is by definition a political sign. it should've been taken down, no questions, if that's the rule.

sorry guys.

owls84

Premium Member
I typed this yesturday but forgot to submit it.

My feeling is on this is the fireman should remove the sticker. The rule was EVERYTHING was to be removed frm the outside of the lockers. If he feels he needs to be patriotic then he should put the flag on the inside. I really have the issue with the fireman second guessing his superiors. I think had he removed it then requested that the flag stickers be exempt from the rule and done it the way adults do things then this wouldn't have been an issue.

Now I question if this guy gets his way does he begain to second guess the Captain's Orders during an emergency situation? I hope not. I just think he could have handled it better than lay down kicking and screaming that its not right.

I don't think democrat or republican has anything to do with a rule being enforced.

Scotty32

I was ordered to remove a flag sticker from my helmet shortly after 911 when I was in the FD. Dept. policy no stickers on helmets. Made me mad yea but I was over it 2 min later. Moved it to my truck.

HKTidwell

Premium Member
I find the Rule stupid but I do not like a PC world because it affects the possibility for discussions and increased learning between people! I think the FF should have obeyed the rule and worked to change it.

HKTidwell

Premium Member
Also when you look at the photos on MSNBC this FF pulled another sticker from his locker. Probably one of those things that he never thought the flag would be an issue, once it became an issue it was stubbornness. No idea if that is a factual statement strictly an assumption and we all know what assuming does.

jwalters

I was in the fire service for a while, it is a very political thing, unfortunatley it is more about how you play politics than fighting the fire. I do agree, he should have removed it then fought. At least then he would still have a paycheck coming

Scotty32

I was in the fire service for a while, it is a very political thing, unfortunatley it is more about how you play politics than fighting the fire. I do agree, he should have removed it then fought. At least then he would still have a paycheck coming

Thats the reason why I left the fire service & never had anymore ambition for a career in that business. The old saying goes, 'Telephone, Telegram, Tell a fireman.'

Dickinson was my neck of the woods back in the day.