First time in the East

Discussion in 'General Freemasonry Discussion' started by Blake Bowden, Jul 22, 2010.

1. Blake Bowden

Blake Bowden Administrator Staff Member

Thursday night will mark my first foray in the East! Our current Master is recovering from health issues, so it's my turn to take care of things. Bro. Joey and I went over the opening and closing so hopefully things will go well! hah! Now I just need to find a hat that'll fit me :001_tt2: Wish me luck!

2. Bill Lins

Bill Lins Moderating Staff Staff Member

You'll do just fine, Bro. Blake!

Regarding the other problems your Lodge has, does the cemetery bring in any kind of regular income? If not- dispose of it. You might also consider selling your building & property & finding another space in which to meet. We did that here in Wharton & it was the best move we ever made. Now we spend our money on fun Masonic activities instead of giving it to the utility and insurance companies. The morale of our Brethren has improved tremendously and our attendance & number of candidates have increased greatly.

3. JTM

JTM "Just in case" Premium Member

hat that will fit? got a big* head?

*fat

:)

good luck/have fun

4. david918

david918 Premium Member

Looked good on Face book photos hat seemed to fit his son real well too.:biggrin:

5. nick1368

nick1368 Registered User

hope your first time was good. We had our first stated meeting this past Tuesday and while I have filled in a couple of times last year I was still as nervous as a cat in room full of rocking chairs.

6. rhitland

rhitland Founding Member Premium Member

best advice I can give is type an agenda so if you do have abrain fart you got it all written down.? Or is that just me that has constant gas/bloating in his brain!?

7. Bill Lins

Doesn't your Secretary do that already? Not only do I prepare the agenda but I email it to all Lodge members (who have email) a few days ahead of time so that they can be prepared to discuss Lodge business at the meeting.

I ain't goin' there, Puss Boy! :wink:

8. Bill Lins

Excuse me- Worshipful Puss Boy! :lol:

9. rhitland

lmao, well it has been tradition that if the WM (at my lodge)wants an agenda he has to type it so i am not gonna put that on my Sec this year he is new in the spot so maybe next year the WM will ask him to do it.

10. owls84

owls84 Moderator Premium Member

Bill we don't allow discussion at our Lodge. That's what the gavels are for right?

11. Bill Lins

I'm not sure if you're kidding or not!

12. rhitland

(Insert Gavel) Bring yourself to order and quieten down Brother Bill! ;)

13. Bill Lins

Give a guy a gavel & look what happens! :wink:

14. JTM

JTM "Just in case" Premium Member

in our lodge it really depends on whether to use the gavel on the marble in front of him or on someone's head.

15. Bill Lins

Not "in anger", I hope! :wink:

16. Sidewinder

Sidewinder Registered User

I thought since my Secretary makes an agenda and e-mails it to everyone and prints a copy for himself to take to lodge that he would print one off for me as well, but that didn't happen last meeting...He did when I was Senior Warden and I had to feel in for the Master...Why not now???

S&F
    Brandon Cruz
    (Sidewinder)

17. rhitland

Hey Bill I think he is talking to you? You Wharton boys are so crazy.

18. Bill Lins

1. Cause his predecessor was all thumbs when it came to computers & printers & I know the new guy is smarter than that!

2. Cause it is one of the duties of the Secretary to haze a new WM at his first meeting. (Art. 723) :wink:

19. HKTidwell

HKTidwell Premium Member

I couldn't find that article :D lol

20. Bill Lins

HAH! Made ya look! :lol:

Share My Freemasonry