Freemasonry in Israel

Discussion in 'Freemasonry in the Press' started by Glen Cook, Feb 17, 2018.

1. Glen Cook

Glen Cook G A Cook Site Benefactor

2. goomba

goomba Neo-Antient Site Benefactor

I can't read the article because I don't have a subscription. But starting off with "The grand master of an Israeli branch says the organization is 'Boy Scouts for adult' and joining is as easy as sending an email...", doesn't sound like an organization I'd want to join. Granted this is from an American in his mid-30's. Their target audience may feel differently than I do.

Zack likes this.
  3. Bloke

Bloke Premium Member

It's amazing how many ex-Scouts (and current Scouts) are in the Craft - they would not take exception to that description but would see it as a gross simplification.

Were you a Scout Goomba ? (I was not).

I get a bit more ".......The grand master of an Israeli branch says the organization is 'Boy Scouts for adults' and joining is as easy as sending an email – for men, that is"

Ah, that old nugget.

Warrior1256 likes this.
  4. Bloke

Bloke Premium Member

(oh - and I love the collar jewel in the news article... anyone know which office it is for ?)

5. goomba

goomba Neo-Antient Site Benefactor

To be clear I have no issue with scouting at all. I think it's a good organization. But just as the Elks are like the Craft they aren't the same.

In the USA about 25% of Master Masons are military veterans. But I would say that Freemasonry is like the VFW.

To me it just sounds like a Grand Master taking the uniqueness from the fraternity to make it like an organization people approve of.

I'll still state I couldn't read the article so I may be way way off base on this.

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

CLewey44 likes this.
  6. LK600

LK600 Premium Member

What I could read of the article, I must admit made me wince.

7. CLewey44

CLewey44 Registered User

Interesting website title too....

8. Warrior1256

Warrior1256 Site Benefactor

An Israeli friend of mine posted this on Facebook yesterday and I shared it on my wall.
    Yep, that's a sticking point alright, lol.

Share My Freemasonry