My Freemasonry | Freemason Information and Discussion Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Freemasonry

Status
Not open for further replies.
B

Brother Secretary

ineffable:
in⋅ef⋅fa⋅ble /ɪnˈɛfəbəl/ Spelled Pronunciation [in-ef-uh-buhl]
–adjective
1. incapable of being expressed or described in words; inexpressible: ineffable joy.
2. not to be spoken because of its sacredness; unutterable: the ineffable name of the deity.

or perhaps: sublime

sub⋅lime /səˈblaɪm/ Spelled Pronunciation [suh-blahym]
adjective, noun, verb, -limed, -lim⋅ing.
–adjective
1. elevated or lofty in thought, language, etc.: Paradise Lost is sublime poetry.
2. impressing the mind with a sense of grandeur or power; inspiring awe, veneration, etc.: Switzerland has sublime scenery.
3. supreme or outstanding: a sublime dinner.
4. complete; absolute; utter: sublime stupidity.
5. Archaic.
a. of lofty bearing.
b. haughty.
6. Archaic. raised high; high up.
–noun
7. the sublime,
a. the realm of things that are sublime: the sublime in art.
b. the quality of sublimity.
c. the greatest or supreme degree.
–verb (used with object)
8. to make higher, nobler, or purer.
9. Chemistry.
a. to convert (a solid substance) by heat into a vapor, which on cooling condenses again to solid form, without apparent liquefaction.
b. to cause to be given off by this or some analogous process.
–verb (used without object)
10. Chemistry. to volatilize from the solid state to a gas, and then condense again as a solid without passing through the liquid state.
Origin:
1350–1400; (n. and adj.) < L sublīmis high, equiv. to sub- sub- + an element of uncert. orig., variously identified with līmis, līmus oblique or līmen lintel, threshold; (v.) ME sublimen < OF sublimer < L sublimāre to raise, deriv. of sublimis

jonesvilletexas

Premium Member
ONE word! WOW, I would have to thank long and hard on that one? But if I could use 3, I would say Brotherly Love, Relief and Truth.

rhitland

Founding Member
Premium Member
lulled
I hope I do not seem a negative na sayer but I feel Masonry is napping @ this point and will awaken to new hieghts never before seen, I can feel the ground work being laid right now and it is so very special to me to be apart of this fraternity in this day and time.

B

Brother Secretary

I too more often than not feel as though I'm in Florence at the dawn of the Renaissance

JTM

"Just in case"
Premium Member
Broken frames are from deleted users. I'm going to move Blake and BJE's posts to a new thread.

Status
Not open for further replies.