My Freemasonry | Freemason Information and Discussion Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Freemasons charter new San Francisco lodge

Bro_Vick

Premium Member
http://sanfrancisco.bizjournals.com/sanfrancisco/stories/2009/11/16/daily28.html

Great article on a new lodge being chartered in San Fransico, also gives the following stat:

"Half a century ago, San Francisco had 45 lodges, Chornenky said. Today, there are eight lodges listed in the city on the web site of the Grand Lodge of California, with three in Oakland, one in Alameda, and others in Mill Valley, Larkspur, South San Francisco, Daly City, Pacifica, Richmond and Orinda."

Only 8 today? With a city the size of San Francisco, who knew?

TCShelton

Founding Member
Premium Member
San Francisco has a comparable size with Ft Worth, with San Fran having roughly 800,000, and Ft Worth having around 720,000 people, and we only need 8, but are stuck with many more.

Bro_Vick

Premium Member
San Francisco has a comparable size with Ft Worth, with San Fran having roughly 800,000, and Ft Worth having around 720,000 people, and we only need 8, but are stuck with many more.

In San Antonio we have a population of 1.3 Million and have 26 lodges (at least in Bexar county, not including lodges that are in Comal, etc but are close to San Antonio). I really haven't visited too many lodges beside the two I belong to when I am in town, but I know that a couple of the 26 are Past Master's clubs.