My Freemasonry | Freemason Information and Discussion Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Freemasons in Denmark.

Dani

Hello I am very interested in masonry and was wondering if there where any Danish masons who could share information about how to join the order in denmark etc.

My Freemasonry HD

Mike Martin

Eternal Apprentice
Premium Member
Hi Dani,
This Forum is based in the US so is not likely to be able to help much, you should direct your researches toward the Danish Order of Freemasons. The Website is here: https://www.ddfo.dk/

chrmc

Depending on where you live most of the lodges will have various informational meeting on a regular basis. DDFO usually has a schedule up for each individual lodge.
If you're in Copenhagen I would suggest to visit Zorobabel og Frederik Til det Kronede Haab (Z og F).

Dani

Thanks^ seems like an interesting lodge i'll definitely try to attend one og their informational meetings.

My Freemasonry HD

chrmc

Let us know how it goes. Main thing to be aware of in the Nordic countries in general, and Denmark in particular. Is that they both have the Swedish Rite and then also English Craft Masonry. The Swedish Rite is under DDFO and has a requirement that you are a Christian. Craft Masonry (Lauget in Denmark) just has the requirement of a belief in Deity.

Swedish rite has 10 degrees, where Lauget has 3, but think that you can take 4th-10th under DDFO after you're done with Lauget.
I'd go DDFO myself if I had a choice.