My Freemasonry | Freemason Information and Discussion Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

From The East (Literally), Howdy

AhimanBeard

I've been refereed to this forum by a brethren from another lodge. I'm not very good at these intro posts, but I'll have at it.

The Name's Seamus. I was made a mason in a right and recognized lodge in Madison CT (madison no. 87) and moved to Philadelphia soon after. I retain my membership there and have recently graduated from college. I work now at the Masonic Temple in Philadelphia (the really really big one) for the Museum (mostly doing tours). As for my masonic life, last month I started my Journey in the Royal Arch and was made a mark master.

In my off time, I'm a writer (won't say I'm a good writer), reader and musician. I write/record too much music and have no intention of stopping (all of it I release for free, if you like ambient, drone or soundscapes, go here: http://daysrunaway.tk)

I play the violin, cello, guitar, bass, clarinet, piano (& am working on trombone and flute).

or you can just listen/watch here:
[video=youtube;lvCZcwxqOgM]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lvCZcwxqOgM[/video]
[video=youtube;aJCel27B6bk]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aJCel27B6bk&feature=related[/video]

Anyway, I heard this was a great forum. I look forward to talking to everyone/getting to know some new brothers!

I may actually see some of you if you head out to Philadelphia and visit our beautiful temple!

AhimanBeard

haha thank you! Very nice forum here. I can't help it but I've already made a few posts.

also, I understand totally that my songs may not be anyone's cup of tea (It's a niche audience) so feel free to totally ignore it (you, or anyone else hahah, just happy to be here & say hey)

M

mark!

Welcome Brother. Trombone player here, well trombone, trumpet, euphonium, tuba, and a little french horn here and there. Good to have you here with us.

AhimanBeard

I won't lie, the Trombone is giving me the hardest time. I've been told my mouth is too big (hah).
I've managed one song with it:

I'm actually quite proud of it and by coincidence alone, it's called 'Dallas Winter'.

Traveling Man

Premium Member
Welcome, stay and enjoy.

I work now at the Masonic Temple in Philadelphia (the really really big one) for the Museum (mostly doing tours).I may actually see some of you if you head out to Philadelphia and visit our beautiful temple!

And a fine ediface it is! You need to post a picture here for all to see!

AhimanBeard

I've got to upload the picture of me and Bro. Ernest Borgnine (who was also a connecticuter and a really great guy).

This is what I see as I go into work every day.
masonic-temple-philadelphia-paphmas1.jpg

me giving a tour in my favorite room, where just three weeks ago I got my Mark Master Mason degree:
39497_1428494227429_1085010004_31342123_6482573_n.jpg

Me in Ionic Hall
38847_1428759714066_1085010004_31342973_8294817_n.jpg

and everybody's favorite, Egyptian Hall:
egypt4.jpg

M

mark!

That is such an absolutely beautiful place Brother, I've never had a reason to go to Philly, until now that is. I definitely need to come visit that amazing hall.

AhimanBeard

hahah I got lucky, that's how I got it. There was an opening and I had weeks until I had to renew my lease or go back to CT (I just graduated from college). I sent them an email saying "AHHH I'M A CONNECTICUT MASON AND I NEED A JOB" (and something else, it was much more tasteful and not as desperate) and, welp, I got it.

And this is what I saw as I went into (and see every day) work this morning:
mediacardblackberrypictk.jpg

Also, if anyone here is going to be visiting philly, please call ahead and check tour times. It's heartbreaking leaving work and seeing a brother who missed the tours by an hour and has to leave the next day!

Note, we don't even let our own members wander the halls during the day without a tour. At night, however, the place is hopping (almost constantly, monday-thursday, two or three lodges will be meeting every night)