(FS) iPad 32 Gig Wifi/3G

Discussion in 'The Marketplace' started by Michaelstedman81, Apr 3, 2011.

1. Michaelstedman81

Michaelstedman81 Premium Member

Ah, jeez. I can't believe that I am having to do this and the thought of it makes me cringe...lol But oh well. I'm not hurting for the money, but could use it for some other things. I figured that I would give the Brothers on here a first crack at it before I put it on Craigslist, Ebay, or some other place to sell.

It is the 1st generation iPad. I bought it on the same day the iPad 2 was released (March 11) from Best Buy and still have the receipt. It was bought brand new, and is not one of those ones that was "traded in" for the iPad 2.

The iPad is the 32 gig size and does BOTH Wifi and 3G. It has the standard Apple cover and also has the screen protector on it that was put on by the tech people at Best Buy (an extra $15..lol) so there is no bubbles under it and is centered very well. I have barely had time to use it so there are no scratches or anything else like that on it. It is still like it came out of the box except for the fact that it has the screen protector on it. I also still have the original box and everything that came in it. I can provide some pictures as soon as I get home tomorrow (Monday), and if you aren't in the DFW area we can figure out some way for me to show to you that it does actually work (Skype, video messsage, etc).

If you are not in the DFW area I can mail it to you and we can figure out the postage if this is something that you want to do. More than likely, to anyone here I can just take the postage off the asking price.

I paid:

iPad- $629 (plus $51 for tax on this alone)
    iPad Cover- $39.99
    Screen Protector- $29.99
    Screen Protector install- $14.99
    Total= $764.97

The total price I paid is only counting the tax on the iPad itself and not the other items I purchased with it. Also, this is the discounted price because of the release of the iPad 2. Right before it was released, the 1st generation iPads were reduced by $100 each model. So the price normally was $730 for this model iPad, and that is what it is for the iPad 2 32 Gig WiFi/3G.

I am only asking $625 and I'll take a hit on the rest. However, cash talks so....lol You can either ask questions on here, or PM. I can also correspond via email, text, messenger, or talk on the phone.

2. SWATFrog

SWATFrog Premium Member

Sounds like a good deal. How is the iPad on your eyes for reading. I am looking to get an iPad or a Kindle to read on. Just wondering if the iPad is as ruff on the eyes as iPhone 4.

3. Michaelstedman81

I don't have any kind of problems with it on my eyes. I don't know how it would compare to the Kindle when it comes to reading books as I have never used a Kindle. I also don't have any issues with reading anything on the iPhone 4. But that just may be me. I do know that you can adjust the brightness while reading and also all of the books that I have bought so far have an option where you can turn on the "Sephia" background instead of it being just a white background. You can also resize the font to several different sizes as well.

I wish I would have posted this for you to see a day or two earlier as I am in the Burnet/Marble Falls area visiting family right now but will be leaving early this morning to head back to Denton. That way I could have come down to Leander and gave ya a look-see.

Sorry that I couldn't give you much more information on how it is on the eyes for reading. I just tried to look for some reviews about that online, but only had a limited amount of time to do the search and didn't come up with any kind of comparison for the iPad and Kindle. I also haven't ever heard of any negative remarks about it. I'll send you a PM with my number and you can give me a call sometime today or this week if you have any questions.

4. Michaelstedman81

Just an update.... The iPad has been sold and I no longer have it :(

5. Tony Siciliano

Tony Siciliano Premium Member

I didn't think it would last long at that price! Glad to hear you made a deal.

6. Michaelstedman81

Yea, I knew that it wouldn't last that long either. I was hoping that a Brother from here would be up for getting it, but I was on a timeline and someone else had money in the hand...lol I really hated to see it go, though. Oh, well. I will get an iPad 2 coming up soon anyhow.

Share My Freemasonry