My Freemasonry | Freemason Information and Discussion Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Galveston Reunion

Jon D. Smith

I have in my planner that the Galveston reunion will be March 6-7.
Is this still correct?
I will be moving towards joining the SR, I just don't know if I can do it at this time.

Scotty32

Doesn't say much on their site. Might want to call them to make sure. John Mitchell #1401 in Hitchcock is having a crawfish boil that day i think also.

Jon D. Smith

Their webiste had major issues around the time of Ike. It's never been quite the same since. We have several members at our Lodge that are members of that temple, I can verify and will post the confirmation.

Hitchcock might be having a boil, huh? Now that would be great! I'll have to give them a call to find out!

Scotty32

Its for sure the 7th. At the VFW though on Hwy 6. talked to one of them last night. I will be there.

nick1368

Doesn't say much on their site. Might want to call them to make sure. John Mitchell #1401 in Hitchcock is having a crawfish boil that day i think also.

umm..that sounds good..post more details may get a group of Brothers from SETX to travel on over there for some mudbugs

Gerald.Harris

Premium Member
Premium Member
The Galveston Scottish Rite Bodies will definately be holding their Spring Reunion on Friday and Saturday, March 6 and 7, 2009. I hope to see all of you there.

Gerald.Harris

Premium Member
Premium Member
Brother Smith, The Galveston Scottish Rite will be holding a one (1) day reunion on July 25,2009. If you can make it we would love to have you. If you miss it, the Fall reunion will be on November 6 and 7 ,2009.

See you soon I hope,

Gerald

Gerald.Harris

Premium Member
Premium Member
My Brother,
Your question is indeed a hard one to answer, and one that is potentialy loaded with an opportunity to make a complete fool of myself. I will however make this attempt:
I believe that each Valley has developed its own system of holding what they each believe to be the best reunion in the State.
I suppose that in order to truly make an attempt to determine who has the best reunions in the State, we would have to take a hard look at the bench mark that a reunion would be judged by. What criteria would you suggest we use as a measuring stick? Degree teams, ritual,wardrobe,classrooms,meals, stage settings, or something else? Please get back with me and let me know what your thoughts are.