My Freemasonry | Freemason Information and Discussion Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Georgia Grand Lodge Caught In Open Racism

Jamesb

I meant what does this mean for the rest of us. Since they feel as if the basic tenents of masonry are only applied spiratically. Does this mean that the members of the GA GL will be getting called out by other GL's? I guess I will not be visiting any lodges in GA for a while, as I take my obligation seriously.
I also guess that Texas will be in the same boat here soon if #9 passes. I tell you this though, #9 passes and I will not be a mason much longer after. Same if I were in GA right now I would've moved my membership to another GL.Sometimes it makes me wonder and pisses me off.(no offense) This is not what masonry is about and it's stupid to think it is.(opinion)

TCShelton

Founding Member
Premium Member
I'm with you 100% JamesB.

What this means is that some Grand Lodge in the country should withdraw their recognition of the GL of Georgia. I guarantee it won't be us here in Texas first, if at all. These recent "masonic" actions should have a lot of people doing some soul-searching.

TCShelton

Founding Member
Premium Member
Withdrawing recognition would be an awesome resolution to present, if indeed it falls under the "resolutionable" category.

rhitland

Founding Member
Premium Member
I meant what does this mean for the rest of us. Since they feel as if the basic tenents of masonry are only applied spiratically. Does this mean that the members of the GA GL will be getting called out by other GL's? I guess I will not be visiting any lodges in GA for a while, as I take my obligation seriously.
I also guess that Texas will be in the same boat here soon if #9 passes. I tell you this though, #9 passes and I will not be a mason much longer after. Same if I were in GA right now I would've moved my membership to another GL.Sometimes it makes me wonder and pisses me off.(no offense) This is not what masonry is about and it's stupid to think it is.(opinion)

The resolution failing to pass in GA that are pertaing to racism or race will not effect them in a Masonic way but maybe publicly is things go bad with law suits all over the country but otherwise they are still legal as an eagle b/c they turn around and say they allow all races to APPLY.
Us on the other hand are in a whole other boat with res. 9 that would make us illregular and recognition would be drawn by most if not all other GL's.

J

JEbeling

We have enough trouble running our own Grand Lodge.. ! Its sad but thier just going to have to work out their own problems... ! Other Grand Lodges getting involved will just make the problem worse.. ! time will take care of this.. ! and a few good masonic funerals.. !

Wingnut

Premium Member
We have enough trouble running our own Grand Lodge.. ! Its sad but thier just going to have to work out their own problems... ! Other Grand Lodges getting involved will just make the problem worse.. !

Recognition is one of tools Freemasonry has to keep GLs in compliance with Ancient Landmarks keeping things 'on the square'. It used to be used a lot more often than has has been recently from what I read. Becoming so PC that we are afraid to do what needs to be done will be the downfall of this country and this fraternity.

time will take care of this.. ! and a few good masonic funerals.. !

Yea well the civil rights act passed what 30 something years ago... HOWs that working out so far? To me, and I mean no disrespect, both of those are cop outs for not doing whats right.

Last edited: