My Freemasonry | Freemason Information and Discussion Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Getting My Temple Degree Tonight :)

Michaelstedman81

Premium Member
My night has finally arrived! I will finally be going through the Order of the Temple tonight. To top it all off, I am getting my degree done in a real castle. Been waiting a few years to get the York Rite part of my journey done, and within a few hours I will be completing a large part of it. Wish I could have all you Brothers who are Knights there to see it!

Paul E. Wunsche

Brother Stebman, congratulations. I was very excited to hear that there was going to be an Order of the Temple in a real castle. I am also excited to hear that you are the candidate. I wish I could be there, but duty calls and I must be elsewhere, I know you will enjoy it. I know the team doing the work and I know that they have worked hard that you may have a wonderful experience. Know that I am there in spirit.
Fratenaly yours
Paul Wunsche
Grand Commander of Texas

KFerguson84

Premium Member
Congrats Brother Stedman. I am not a Knight Templar but that sounds like you are about to go through an amazing experience that will stick with you the rest of your life. Please update us afterwards on your thoughts! Best of luck and congrats again!

BroBill

Site Benefactor
Site Benefactor
Congradulations and enjoy the experience! You're in for a memorable and incredible evening!

S&F

Michaelstedman81

Premium Member
I was very excited to hear that there was going to be an Order of the Temple in a real castle. I am also excited to hear that you are the candidate. I wish I could be there, but duty calls and I must be elsewhere, I know you will enjoy it.

Thank you very much, and I wish you could have made it as well. It was a great surprise to find out that I was going to be recieving that degree in a castle. I was really honored to know that there were three Past Grand Commanders that were present tonight as well. One was the Past Grand Commander of Iowa, and the other two were Past Grand Commanders of Texas (I know for sure one was Texas and almost totally positive that the other was as well).

I know the team doing the work and I know that they have worked hard that you may have a wonderful experience.

I gotta say this about the team that put on the degree tonight: absolutely awesome!! Even if this event did not take place in the castle, there is no way that I would forget this experience. Aside from how beautiful and meaningful the degree was, the delivery of it was just amazing. They did a really good job and I was very blessed by getting them as the ones doing the work for me tonight. Honestly looking at the whole thing, the whole castle thing was just icing on the cake. I just cannot get over how great a job they did on the delivery. They made it as much, if not more, a memorable experience as knowing that I got it done in a castle.

Know that I am there in spirit.

I heard a couple of guys talking about that there is an idea to maybe do this maybe annually. If that does happen, you should be able to get your chance to see this take place in the near future. I know that any candidate that gets lucky enough to go through the degree in that castle will have a very memorable experience.

Thank you for the congrats :)

Michaelstedman81

Premium Member
I am not a Knight Templar but that sounds like you are about to go through an amazing experience that will stick with you the rest of your life. Please update us afterwards on your thoughts!

Bro. Ferguson, I gotta tell you. It was simply amazing! It really is hard to find words to describe it. First and foremost and like I said in my reply to Bro. Wunsche, the most important part of my experience that will stick with me is how well the guys putting on the degree did. With that being said, it really was really neat to do it in the castle. The way the light bounced off the walls and the way the sounds and voices echoed, you could really tell that it was not a lodgeroom. Then you add in how the castle is decorated on the inside, and everyone dressed up, I just can't say enough about it...lol I think just being a Sir Knight getting to attend and watch the degree take place in there would be amazing, but for any other candidates that may get lucky and get their degree in there like I did, it is really a memory that will never go away. Plus some cool bragging rights...lol JK

I'm telling you, Bro. Ferguson. If they do like some of the Brothers were talking about and do this annually or a couple times a year, it would very much be worth it for you to take a trip down from PA and attend it once you become a Knights Templar. I wish I could say more about it in regards to describing it, but I have this strange mix of no words to describe it but yet I have so much to say I don't know where to begin. Lol I just want to lay down and reflect on the whole night. Thanks for the congrats!

Michaelstedman81

Premium Member
Congradulations and enjoy the experience! You're in for a memorable and incredible evening!

Thanks a lot, Sir Knight :) Feels good to say that. Now that I have gone through it, I can't wait to dive in and learn more about it all. You are very right. It was a very memorable evening, but incredible is a complete understatement..lol Since you were there at the start of my Commandery degrees, I wish you could have been there tonight to take part in, or at least witness, me getting to finish it. Hopefully soon I will be able to make it back down to your neck of the woods and visit with you and your fellow Knights.

Oh, also. When you get the time, would you PM with some links to those websites you were telling me about? The Facebook pages you were referring me to when I was there in Boerne. Just whenever you get the time. Thanks a lot, and hope to see you again soon.

Michaelstedman81

Premium Member
Congrats Sir Knight. You won't forget this experience. Wish I could be there.

Thanks, Sir Knight! It would have been really awesome if you could have been there as well. Do they have castles there where you are now??....lol JK I'm so glad I finally got to make it through the York Rite. I have been holding off on researching the York Rite stuff till I went through all of the degrees so that I didn't read something that might spoil my experience. Now, I can finally dive in and start reseaching stuff and learning as much as I can about the York Rite and especially the final degree! Talk to you soon, Brother.

Brent Heilman

Premium Member
Congrats Brother! I am really looking forward to my time to experience those degrees. It looks like I will be down in your neck of the woods in a couple of weeks so you will have to fill me in on what it has meant to you. Hopefully next year I will go through them.

BroBill

Site Benefactor
Site Benefactor
S.K. Michael, I sent you the PM, but my account has experienced some difficulties with PM's. Let me know if you have not received.....

S&F
BroBill