My Freemasonry | Freemason Information and Discussion Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Giving It Up

Blake Bowden

Administrator
Staff Member
A Mason was walking down the street when he was accosted by a particularly dirty and shabby-looking homeless man who asked him for a couple of dollars for dinner. Remembering the cardinal virtues, the Mason took out his wallet, extracted ten dollars and asked, "If I give you this money, will you buy some beer with it instead?"

" No, I had to stop drinking years ago," the homeless man replied.

"Will you use it to gamble instead of buying food?" the Mason asked.

"No, I don't gamble," the homeless man said. "I need everything I can get just to stay alive."

"Will you spend this on greens fees at a golf course instead of food?" the Mason asked.

"Are you NUTS!" replied the homeless man. "I haven't played golf in 20 years!"

"Will you spend the money on a woman in the red light district instead of food?" the Mason asked.

"What sort of decent disease could I pick up for ten lousy bucks?!!" exclaimed the homeless man.

"Well," said the Mason, "I'm not going to give you the money. Instead, I'm going to take you home for a terrific dinner cooked by my wife."

The homeless man was astounded. "Won't your wife be furious with you for doing that? I know I'm dirty, and I probably smell pretty disgusting."

The Mason replied, "That's okay. I just want her to see what a guy looks like who's given up beer, gambling, golf, and sex."

BroBook

Premium Member
A Mason was walking down the street when he was accosted by a particularly dirty and shabby-looking homeless man who asked him for a couple of dollars for dinner. Remembering the cardinal virtues, the Mason took out his wallet, extracted ten dollars and asked, "If I give you this money, will you buy some beer with it instead?"

" No, I had to stop drinking years ago," the homeless man replied.

"Will you use it to gamble instead of buying food?" the Mason asked.

"No, I don't gamble," the homeless man said. "I need everything I can get just to stay alive."

"Will you spend this on greens fees at a golf course instead of food?" the Mason asked.

"Are you NUTS!" replied the homeless man. "I haven't played golf in 20 years!"

"Will you spend the money on a woman in the red light district instead of food?" the Mason asked.

"What sort of decent disease could I pick up for ten lousy bucks?!!" exclaimed the homeless man.

"Well," said the Mason, "I'm not going to give you the money. Instead, I'm going to take you home for a terrific dinner cooked by my wife."

The homeless man was astounded. "Won't your wife be furious with you for doing that? I know I'm dirty, and I probably smell pretty disgusting."

The Mason replied, "That's okay. I just want her to see what a guy looks like who's given up beer, gambling, golf, and sex."

Now that's just wrong my brother !!!

My Freemasonry HD