going to court

Discussion in 'General Freemasonry Discussion' started by savy, Feb 18, 2011.

1. savy

savy Registered User

Hi I have my initiation next month at my lodge in England, but have a problem.
    Last week I was arrested for something minor that I done 7 years ago and am waiting for a court date to find out what will happen.
    I don't know what to do, I know I have to tell my proposer but am worried about whats going to happen. It was something in my past that I'm not proud of.
    Could please advise me on what to do and what I might expect.

Last edited by a moderator: Feb 18, 2011
  2. Bro.BruceBenjamin

Bro.BruceBenjamin Premium Member

Be honest about what you did and whatever the outcome serve your time. The biggest thing is to learn from this mistake. Good luck.

3. bgs942

bgs942 Premium Member

Integrity above reproach always. Seven years is a long time and in such an amount of time as that, maturity and growth can take place. You always serve yourself and others best when you own your world and all it's behaviors which is what I was raised on both in life and in a sense in the Lodge as well. Best of luck to you. I will keep you in my prayers.

4. Bro. Stewart P.M.

Bro. Stewart P.M. Lead Moderator Emeritus Staff Member

I would also go with honesty.

5. Beathard

Beathard Premium Member

Honest is best. Don't wait forever either. It could be seen as an attempt to hide the issue.

6. MikeMay

MikeMay Premium Member

Honesty is always the best policy...

7. Benjamin Baxter

Benjamin Baxter Moderator Staff Member

Tell the truth, don't forget, good luck.

8. Dave in Waco

Dave in Waco Premium Member

I have to agree with the Brethren, be up front and forthright about it. The worst thing you could do at this point is hide it or seem like you are trying to hide it. The fact that you take ownership and responsibility for what you've done speaks highly of your character. Everyone makes mistakes, what, if anything, we learn from them makes the difference.

Share My Freemasonry