My Freemasonry | Freemason Information and Discussion Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

going to court

savy

Hi I have my initiation next month at my lodge in England, but have a problem.
Last week I was arrested for something minor that I done 7 years ago and am waiting for a court date to find out what will happen.
I don't know what to do, I know I have to tell my proposer but am worried about whats going to happen. It was something in my past that I'm not proud of.
Could please advise me on what to do and what I might expect.

Last edited by a moderator:

bgs942

Premium Member
Integrity above reproach always. Seven years is a long time and in such an amount of time as that, maturity and growth can take place. You always serve yourself and others best when you own your world and all it's behaviors which is what I was raised on both in life and in a sense in the Lodge as well. Best of luck to you. I will keep you in my prayers.

Dave in Waco

Premium Member
I have to agree with the Brethren, be up front and forthright about it. The worst thing you could do at this point is hide it or seem like you are trying to hide it. The fact that you take ownership and responsibility for what you've done speaks highly of your character. Everyone makes mistakes, what, if anything, we learn from them makes the difference.