My Freemasonry | Freemason Information and Discussion Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Going to give it a try

Hndrx

Premium Member
I'm filing out my paperwork! I'm getting signatures from local Masons that I know. I'm excited! :14:

Hndrx

Premium Member
I'm excited. I've known some really neat Masons over the years and at almost 44 years old, I've going to try it. My father-in-law was a big influence on my decision to join. He was a Mason for most of his life. He passed away a number of years ago. My father-in-law was a very good guy and we were very close in his final years because I was one of his main caretakers. He left his Masonic stuff to my wife and I when he passed away. (I think he suspected that I would some day join and he was the last Mason in his family.)

The only part that I'm not looking forward to is the fact that I've got some people close to me that believe the Masonic Lodge is "of the devil". They are going to start giving me a hard time when they find out.

RichardRLJ

Premium Member
As a Christian Mason, I know what you are saying. My family was a Masonic family, so I had no problems there. They all knew the truth, and my Mother was a 50 year member of the Eastern Star (ladies Masonic organization).

I used to go to a certain department store where the clerk noticed my Knights Templar shirt, and asked me what that was. I told him that it was the Christian branch of Masonry, and he didn't understand. We had that "of the devil" discussion many times and I shared with him the many biblical teachings that I used both in Masonry and in my Christianity. People don't always understand that Masonry is not a religion, and that Masonry encourages each of us to practice our own religion without conflict with our religious practice. We must learn to live together in "Peace and Harmony" whether we are in the lodge or without the lodge.
Good luck with your Masonic Journey - it is worth everything you put into it.

QPZIL

Premium Member
My parents have similar views of Masonry, and they're very fundamentalist Christians. You've heard it all I'm sure- that only "33rds" know "the true secrets" of Masonry, and that we're all being lulled into a false belief that someone named "Hiram Abiff" is the Masonic "savior" and that we pray to him or something. Or and that we have a Masonic god named "Gaotu". Oh, and that we have our own bible - Morals and Dogma by Albert Pike.

I don't really understand it. A lot of anti-Masonry is too convoluted and goes over my head. The conspiracy theories are so much more complicated that the truth actually is! Ha!

peace out

Premium Member
Congrats, Hndrx. Your concern about close friends believing it to be of the devil hits home with me. It prompted me to start a poll in another thread regarding telling others about your membership.

I encourage you to continue. You will find your faith strengthened and your passions tempered. You will be the better man for it.

By the way, love the screen name (minus the x of course).

Cory Hendrick

Hndrx

Premium Member
Edited to change to:

Got my last signature. Just waiting on the next meeting!

Last edited:

Dave in Waco

Premium Member
Congrats on beginning your travels!! You will find there are a lot of people that don't understand Masonry. There are anti-masonic groups and websites devoted into preaching the "truth" about Masonry. They all use the same lame excuse when you tell them as a Mason they don't know what they are talking about. They will counter with their excuse, "you just aren't high enough to know the real truth." My usual response, "So a 'secret' organization that is listed in classified documents such as the phone book, and that cleverly disguises their secret lair by plastering large signs and one of the oldest, most recognizable logos on the planet on them, have managed to hide it's true nature from 100's of millions of Masons for almost 500 years so that only their top most leaders know their real purpose and motive...with the only exception being that every anti-mason on the planet knows it too?" There are a lot of nuts out there, but I would urge you not to argue with them. It's about as effective as trying to get a blind man to read simply by turning the light on.

tbone1321

Premium Member
Congrats on beginning your travels!! You will find there are a lot of people that don't understand Masonry. There are anti-masonic groups and websites devoted into preaching the "truth" about Masonry. They all use the same lame excuse when you tell them as a Mason they don't know what they are talking about. They will counter with their excuse, "you just aren't high enough to know the real truth." My usual response, "So a 'secret' organization that is listed in classified documents such as the phone book, and that cleverly disguises their secret lair by plastering large signs and one of the oldest, most recognizable logos on the planet on them, have managed to hide it's true nature from 100's of millions of Masons for almost 500 years so that only their top most leaders know their real purpose and motive...with the only exception being that every anti-mason on the planet knows it too?" There are a lot of nuts out there, but I would urge you not to argue with them. It's about as effective as trying to get a blind man to read simply by turning the light on.

Well Said

Casey

Mandalorian
Premium Member
Your definitely in the right spot to get some good info as you are learning! Welcome!

cemab4y

Premium Member
I am delighted to hear of your decision. As Yoda said to young Luke Skywalker: "Don't try Luke, DO!". The decision to participate in our Gentle Craft, should be made "prayerfully and carefully". There are some misguided people, who believe that Masonry is "satanic", and "only the higher-ups, know the truth". Like they themselves, who have never been Masons, know more than someone who is a Mason.

Masonry does not want to interfere in your private relationships. I hope that anyone close to you, will take the time to find out the truth. Here is an excellent website: http://www.masonicinfo.com

May the Great Architect of the Universe, guide your steps.