My Freemasonry | Freemason Information and Discussion Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Google Glass Review

Blake Bowden

Administrator
Staff Member
[video=youtube;v1uyQZNg2vE]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v1uyQZNg2vE&feature=youtu.be[/video]

Think of Google Glass as a Bluetooth headset on steroids. You can place and receive calls, take pictures, record videos, search Google, check weather forecasts, navigate to a destination, place video calls, translate a foreign language, send texts, read text messages aloud, share photos, receive weather warnings, receive breaking news, take notes, price check, find restaurants, receive sports scores, watch YouTube videos and more without having to pull out your phone or touch anything! Whew!

You can also look up recipes or record them while you cook. Hear a cool song but don’t know the name? Simply ask Glass, and within seconds, the information will be displayed on the screen. Glass also keeps track of your most often visited places. For example, I always have a page showing directions to the boys’ school, how far it is from my current location, how long it will take and the best route to take. If I’m running low on fuel, Glass will display gas stations in the area and turn -by -turn directions to the one I choose.

So what’s the downside? Without the glass inserts or prescription frames, you look like a cyborg.

Glass isn’t a finished product, which is why those who use the device are aptly named “Glass Explorersâ€. When you’re out in public, you will get noticed, and chances are people will come up to you with questions. My experience has been overwhelmingly positive as most people have never seen a pair, and when I offer them a chance to wear the device, it makes the experience even more rewarding. The closest thing I can associate Glass with is the original iPhone. I remember waiting in line for hours only to be one of the first people within several counties to get one. I remember friends who thought it was neat but had no use for a phone like that, but years later all have smartphones. Glass isn’t for everyone, but wearable tech is the future. - Blake