My Freemasonry | Freemason Information and Discussion Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Grand College of Rites

Glen Cook

G A Cook
Site Benefactor
"Membership (termed “Fellow”) in the Grand College of Rites, may be obtained by application of any Master Mason holding membership and in good standing in a regular symbolic Lodge recognized by a majority of the Grand Lodges of Freemasonry in the United States."

Matt L

Site Benefactor
"Membership (termed “Fellow”) in the Grand College of Rites, may be obtained by application of any Master Mason holding membership and in good standing in a regular symbolic Lodge recognized by a majority of the Grand Lodges of Freemasonry in the United States."

What Brother Glen said.

chrmc

I'm a member, mainly because I like what they do. By being a member you get a copy of their yearly transactions edited by Brother Hoyos, but that's more or less it. They have their meeting at Masonic week, but don't think there is much to it.

BullDozer Harrell

Brother Glen, i appreciate your answer. Honestly i do.
But in view of the current situation in MS regarding non-fraternal relations between GLs there, i was thinking that maybe it spills over into all things Masonic related?
Even though the Grand College of Rites isn't technically the GL of MS.

Sent from my SM-G930P using My Freemasonry mobile app

Ripcord22A

Site Benefactor
Brother Glen, i appreciate your answer. Honestly i do.
But in view of the current situation in MS regarding non-fraternal relations between GLs there, i was thinking that maybe it spills over into all things Masonic related?
Even though the Grand College of Rites isn't technically the GL of MS.

Sent from my SM-G930P using My Freemasonry mobile app
"good standing in a regular symbolic Lodge recognized by a MAJORITY of the Grand Lodges of Freemasonry in the United States."
Id go with that capitalized word...since only 9 southern states dont recognize PHA id say that PHA is recognized by a MAJORITY of of the US GLs

Sent from my LG-H918 using My Freemasonry mobile app

Warrior1256

Site Benefactor
They maintain the rites that are not used in the U.S. any longer..such as Memphis Misrim(sp). As a member you have access to these rituals
But basically they are "dedicated to preserving the history and rituals of defunct and inactive Masonic orders." Dues are 35 dollars a year, and I think that's a pretty good price for the book we get.
Sounds interesting! I am going to check into it.