Grand Lodge of Alabama and PH Grand Lodge of Alabama

Discussion in 'General Freemasonry Discussion' started by goomba, Nov 14, 2017.

1. bupton52

bupton52 Moderator Premium Member

Bro Bill, y’all have had your annual communication by now, correct? Did anything regarding our current visitation process change?

Sent from my iPhone using My Freemasonry mobile app

2. MRichard

MRichard Mark A. Ri'chard Premium Member

Brother Upton,

The Annual Communication has been moved to January now and has not happened. I have no idea what they are talking about either.

bupton52 likes this.
  3. Bill Lins

Bill Lins Moderating Staff Staff Member

Bro. Byron, our annual communication will be held Jan. 18-20.

bupton52 likes this.
  4. MRichard

MRichard Mark A. Ri'chard Premium Member

Brother Hill was correct. I submitted a visitation request for my Bridge Builders group (shameless plug) this morning and the secretary of the Grand Secretary (per a phone conservation) told me that visitation requests had been suspended pending the Annual Communication. Apparently, the issue is whether the grand lodges will be involved. If approved, I think she said you could apply directly to the lodge or something to that effect. I am not sure of the resolution # or anything like that.

Last edited: Jan 8, 2018
  5. dfreybur

dfreybur Premium Member

The Communication of MWPHGLofTX happened after the deadline for submitting legislation to the GLofTX this year. There are two obvious ways to deal with that timing. Submit legislation for next year, or make a motion on the floor.

I expect the matter to be included in the report on fraternal relations bundled with other recognition issues for the year like recognizing Azerbaijan. Approve the report and bingo, no more paperwork in either direction. With the backup of submitting legislation next year and forcing the issue.

Bloke, bupton52 and MRichard like this.

Share My Freemasonry