My Freemasonry | Freemason Information and Discussion Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Grand Lodge of Texas Website

owls84

Premium Member
When my group came up with the concept of what to look for on the website we redesigned they came up with 3 things.

- For the non-mason. We need a place for someone to go that is looking for information. Flood them with information. If it can be told tell it. Obviously a place to contact the Lodge, We took Bro. Blake's advice and did not post a pdf petition on our website. This made the candidate contact us with their information and the results have been amazing. They come to the lodge ask questions and then ask for a petition. It also gives us an opportunity to meet them before giving them a petition.
- For the Visiting Mason. Give them a place to learn about how we are different and what to expect when coming to a meeting. This could be done also by telling them how to get to our Lodges and who much like the lodge locator but I like the Google maps version the brother made. Just kicking it up a notch.
- For the Member. Give information as to upcoming events. I like the direction of the calendar but it is still only tracking the GM. I wanted to know about secretary schools and couldn't find it. Could we not track all GL Officers and Committee functions?

I think if we kept similar goals it will be successful, oh and it needs the "Wow" factor from the get go. If you get to the homepage and it’s not a knockout you have lost already. We have a great opportunity with the peak interest in masonry and we should spend a little bit of money and do this right. This is something that will pay for itself 10 fold.

HKTidwell

Premium Member
Non Masons
Information​
-History of Texas Freemasons​
-Video
-Artifacts
-Muesem Information and something to peak attention, photos etc. (Never been to the GLoTX Muesem)​
-With the technology available you can locate by ip where a person is at so put a box that displays the closest Lodge or Lodges to the person with a link to the lodges site
- Attractive and updated
- Events Schedule for areas​
-This will require lodges to constantly update their information with the GLoTX. If lodges are not updating Officers will they update this though.​
-What is the point​
- My generation is looking for a reason
- 2B1Ask1 (why should I)
- Making good men better (ok how?)​
-Contact​

-If a person contacts the GLoTX send an alert to the lodge nearby, especially if the person is interested. I realize that we aren't solicitors but following up after an inquiry in my mind is not soliciting.​

Traveling Brothers
Events Schedule for Areas/districts​
-This will require lodges to constantly update their information with the GLoTX. If lodges are not updating Officers will they update this though.
-This allows a brother to know everything going on without having to
look at each lodges site. Also he might be willing to travel a bit
farther for another event.​
Plural Memberships​
-If somebody finds out they want to join a lodge here while living else where it gives ease of information
Texas Masons
Communications​
-Forums will allow the GLoTX to send out mail with specific logins to confirm you are who you are.​
-Increases Brothers meeting and knowning another brother in towns they may be visiting. Be pretty cool to be in Dallas, Houston, San Angelo and have a cup of coffee with a Brother they might not know.
-Increases communication and thoughtful ideas to stimulate growth both in the lodge and the brothers​
-Videos/Information/streamed(so if it is strictly for members you can limit sharing)
-Have Committees, Officers, and other items of interest in a video for people to watch.
-We currently have PGM on videos, have them streamed instead of downloads
-I'm sure I'm missing something​
Downloads​
-PDFs', hand out booklets, training, information, etc.....
-EA packet
-FC packet
-MM packet
-This way lodges can burn them to a CD, along with lodge bylaw, etc. for the ease of viewing. If we hand them out in paper format why not put them on a digital format.

Just some thoughts and ideas. We have a great legend and history both as a state and as an organization. We need a site that lives up to who we are in my opinion.

Last edited:

owls84

Premium Member
I have a question. Since EricX (or whatever his name is on here) is the one designing the new GLoTX website, or so I'm told, I wonder what the chances of us getting a sneak peak of it before it's launched.

Blake Bowden

Administrator
Staff Member
I have a question. Since EricX (or whatever his name is on here) is the one designing the new GLoTX website, or so I'm told, I wonder what the chances of us getting a sneak peak of it before it's launched.

Not sure. While I've heard rumors of a new website, I don't expect a full blown redesign.

ncm_pkt

I agree with owls84. Before I petitoned, I visited the website and it was good, but it can be A LOT better and a little more up to date. His suggestions are good ones!