My Freemasonry | Freemason Information and Discussion Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Grand Lodge Recognition

Blake Bowden

Administrator
Staff Member
I've been looking for a website that lists all the Grand Lodges GLofTX recognizes. Does anyone know of such a place?

Gerald.Harris

Premium Member
Premium Member
Brother Blake,
I do not know of a website that list all of the lodges recognized by the Grand Lodge of Texas, however there does exist a couple of list or books that do so. Both list ( or books) are available for viewing at your secretaries office. If you wish to purchase one for yourself, they are available at the Grand Lodge book store. The titles are " Directory of Constituent Lodges In Texas", and the other is "Lodges Masonic"

Wingnut

Premium Member
If you can get a copy of a pre-2007 Directory of Constituent Lodges in Texas HANG ON TO IT!!! They switched to 8x10 size last year. Prior to that they were small pocket(ish) sized. I carry one on my motorcycle for Tagging Texas Lodges for the FMRC.

J

jwardl

If you can get a copy of a pre-2007 Directory of Constituent Lodges in Texas HANG ON TO IT!!! They switched to 8x10 size last year. Prior to that they were small pocket(ish) sized. I carry one on my motorcycle for Tagging Texas Lodges for the FMRC.

Well, the bigger ones are easier for us older brothers to read w/o dragging out the reading spectacles, but agreed, the pocket-size editions are easier to handle and transport

E

eagle1966

bro wingnut, tell me more about this Tagging Texas Lodges

TexMass

It's interesting that the GL of PA recogizes PH of PA and even allows dual membership but the PH GL does not allow dual membership.

Nate C.

The secretary of most any lodge will have ready access to the book of recognized GLs both domestic and abroad.

G

gortex6

It's interesting that the GL of PA recogizes PH of PA and even allows dual membership but the PH GL does not allow dual membership.

I suspect this is done to protect their money pot and to prevent them from getting gobbled up like the Negro Leagues of past professional baseball. Dual membership from PHA might result in a horrible disaster; some of these lodges have been a beacon of "light" for African American communities. I also hear the secretary's office in a PHA lodge is a salary paying career ;) It may have something to do with it as well.

Last edited by a moderator:

Wingnut

Premium Member
The FreeMasons Riding Club (recognized by GL in 2007) started an event where we compete by having our pictures taken outside as many Texas Lodges between Jan 1 and Dec 31. This year the winner is getting a leather jacket I believe. There was a sliding scale for points this past year with working a degree in a lodge your visiting being one of the highest. Oh yea, you had to ride your motorcycle to the lodge and you, your bike and your FMRC vest has to be in the picture. I havent seen the final computations but I know I have taken pictures of me and my bike at 175+ lodges across the state this year! My chapter this year is planning on having rides every other weekend where we can all go together (more points for more members last year not sure about this year yet).