Grand Lodge Recognition

Discussion in 'General Freemasonry Discussion' started by Blake Bowden, Dec 23, 2008.

1. Blake Bowden

Blake Bowden Administrator Staff Member

I've been looking for a website that lists all the Grand Lodges GLofTX recognizes. Does anyone know of such a place?

2. jonesvilletexas

jonesvilletexas Premium Member

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 23, 2008
  3. Blake Bowden

Blake Bowden Administrator Staff Member

Excellent Brother Jerry! Thanks!

4. Gerald.Harris

Gerald.Harris Premium Member Premium Member

Brother Blake,
    I do not know of a website that list all of the lodges recognized by the Grand Lodge of Texas, however there does exist a couple of list or books that do so. Both list ( or books) are available for viewing at your secretaries office. If you wish to purchase one for yourself, they are available at the Grand Lodge book store. The titles are " Directory of Constituent Lodges In Texas", and the other is "Lodges Masonic"

5. Wingnut

Wingnut Premium Member

If you can get a copy of a pre-2007 Directory of Constituent Lodges in Texas HANG ON TO IT!!! They switched to 8x10 size last year. Prior to that they were small pocket(ish) sized. I carry one on my motorcycle for Tagging Texas Lodges for the FMRC.

6. jwardl

jwardl Guest

Well, the bigger ones are easier for us older brothers to read w/o dragging out the reading spectacles, but agreed, the pocket-size editions are easier to handle and transport

7. eagle1966

eagle1966 Guest

bro wingnut, tell me more about this Tagging Texas Lodges

8. TexMass

TexMass Registered User

It's interesting that the GL of PA recogizes PH of PA and even allows dual membership but the PH GL does not allow dual membership.

9. Nate C.

Nate C. Registered User

The secretary of most any lodge will have ready access to the book of recognized GLs both domestic and abroad.

10. gortex6

gortex6 Guest

I suspect this is done to protect their money pot and to prevent them from getting gobbled up like the Negro Leagues of past professional baseball. Dual membership from PHA might result in a horrible disaster; some of these lodges have been a beacon of "light" for African American communities. I also hear the secretary's office in a PHA lodge is a salary paying career ;) It may have something to do with it as well.

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 28, 2008
  11. JTM

JTM "Just in case" Premium Member

ListofLodges,Regular.com

and yes, it's made up :)

12. Wingnut

Wingnut Premium Member

The FreeMasons Riding Club (recognized by GL in 2007) started an event where we compete by having our pictures taken outside as many Texas Lodges between Jan 1 and Dec 31. This year the winner is getting a leather jacket I believe. There was a sliding scale for points this past year with working a degree in a lodge your visiting being one of the highest. Oh yea, you had to ride your motorcycle to the lodge and you, your bike and your FMRC vest has to be in the picture. I havent seen the final computations but I know I have taken pictures of me and my bike at 175+ lodges across the state this year! My chapter this year is planning on having rides every other weekend where we can all go together (more points for more members last year not sure about this year yet).

Share My Freemasonry