My Freemasonry | Freemason Information and Discussion Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Grand Master of Florida Bans Certain Religions

Hirum 324

No we're not interested in pointing anything out to the Grand Sec of FL. The bottom line is that senior Brothers should be trained not pry into the specific beliefs of candidates/new brothers and they should avoid getting into religious pissing contests with them. Masonry is a place for religious tolerance, not religious activism

Freemason Connect HD

As you know Brother Hunter he acted like a dictator not like a Grand Master.

Last edited:

Hirum 324

No we're not interested in pointing anything out to the Grand Sec of FL. The bottom line is that senior Brothers should be trained not pry into the specific beliefs of candidates/new brothers and they should avoid getting into religious pissing contests with them. Masonry is a place for religious tolerance, not religious activism

Freemason Connect HD

He wasn't well liked within our state, making many obtuse changes and personal attacks towards Brothers that opposed his tyrannical will, or didn't respond fast enough to his demands. Threatening to place Masonic charges for willful dereliction of duty charges against Lodge secretaries for slow responses to his requests.

He also pulled several charters during his year because the Lodges didn't meet his expectations. Granted some may have been needing disciplinary action, but it was as if be was trying to mandate the Craft to bend to his Personal design of Masonry.

He tried to micromanage everything and everybody in the Craft. He probably thought he was actually improving the Craft, when all he was doing was ripping it apart from within. Practically every one of his articles at Grand Lodge was voted down or repealed!

His parting statement at Grand Lodge said it all: I probably won't be visiting many of your Lodges after today, but I'm sure not many Brothers will mind.?!

Last edited: