My Freemasonry | Freemason Information and Discussion Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Grand Master Visit and Tyled Lodge @ the Alamo

R

ravickery03

Everyone,

The Texas Mason arrived in my mailbox today, and I am happy to announce that it lists the Grand Master's Visit to Alamo Lodge #44 (held in the Alamo) as being confirmed for Friday the 12th of December lodge starting @ 1900. Normally brothers start to gather @ 1830 at the Scottish Rite Cathedral. We can either determine a location to meet there and walk over together or grab a bite to eat before hand and then meet up at the Scottish Rite Cathedral. Also remember that you need to bring your own apron, Alamo Lodge normally doesn't provide aprons (even though they did last year).

I am throwing up my hand and can/will be your POC for this event, please try to send me an e-mail richard.vickery @ gmail.com and I will get a list going. If you respond here, just be sure to include your contact information.

If no one is interested then I will go by myself. :)

Let me know when you get a chance.

S&F,
-Bro Vick

R

RJS

Unfortunately I will be unable to attend. :(

Last edited by a moderator:

Joey

Co-Founder
Staff Member
Well, I hope I can make it.....
I am also very happy to announce that the Come & Take It celebration here in Gonzales has been officially added to the Grand Lodge calendar of events.
So, where Texas Independence started is finally going to be recognized by the Grand Lodge..... WooHoo!!!! :D

R

ravickery03

Offical Notification from Alamo #44

Here is the offical word from Alamo #44:

Alamo Lodge #44 will open a Master Mason Lodge inside the main Chapel at the Alamo Shrine in downtown San Antonio at 7pm, December 12, 2008.

The Grand Master, Most Worshipful W. David Counts Jr. will be in attendance along with other Grand Lodge officers and Master Masons from around the state.

Grand Lodge officers and visiting Brethren will meet at the Scottish Rite Library and Museum, First Floor, Ladies Parlor at 6pm. The front door (main entrance) will be open to enter the building.

You may park your vehicle in the parking lot east of the Scottish Rite just across Fourth Street for $2.00.

Light refreshments will be served in the parlor after the Alamo meeting is over.

The earlier you can get there the better, because the parking lot across the street can fill up. A couple of you said you would go, when you get a chance if you could e-mail me so I know, a lot of you spent your kitchen passes this past weekend @ Grand Lodge but this is a great event to go to if you can swing it.

-Bro Vick