My Freemasonry | Freemason Information and Discussion Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Grave Side Burial Service

jonesvilletexas

Premium Member
I am not sure if Sickness and Distress is the right place to make this post but for now I will try.
I would like to know how many of you are doing the Grave Side Burial Service and witch one you are doing? Or is there a Brother in your Lodge or surrounding lodge that helps out.

Last edited by a moderator:

Blake Bowden

Administrator
Staff Member
We had a Brother from another Lodge perform the service for our WM a couple of months ago. I've never seen one performed and to actually participate was moving.

js4253

Premium Member
Premium Member
San Antonio has a funeral master group. However, some lodges do their own,

J

JEbeling

There are two brothern in our lodge who do the service.. ! the one does the shorter service which at large services it works out well after a long church service.. ! I do the longer service.. the older one in the lightfoot .. works out best when there is only a grave side service.. !

Both show that masons care.. ! and it is one of the few times we assemble as masons in public.. ! it is always best to have brothern know where to stand and whats going to happen in the service.. ! if there are brothern from other lodges there.. !

rhitland

Founding Member
Premium Member
We have one in our Lode that I know can confer the burial and the 64th dist has a Funeral Degree team also. To give a man his last Masonic Rites is a wicked eye opening experience one we should all aspire to experience if you play just the JW.

Gerald.Harris

Premium Member
Premium Member
Brother Jones,
I do most of the Burial Services for League City, and some of the surrounding lodges as well. I do the version that is in the old Lightfoots Monitor. I learned it in 1978 and just havent taken the time to learn the later version in the new Monitor. I do agree with several who have posted on this subject. The ceremony is solemn and should be conducted with the utmost dignity.