Grave Side Burial Service

Discussion in 'General Freemasonry Discussion' started by jonesvilletexas, Dec 1, 2008.

1. jonesvilletexas

jonesvilletexas Premium Member

I am not sure if Sickness and Distress is the right place to make this post but for now I will try.
    I would like to know how many of you are doing the Grave Side Burial Service and witch one you are doing? Or is there a Brother in your Lodge or surrounding lodge that helps out.

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 1, 2008
  2. Blake Bowden

Blake Bowden Administrator Staff Member

We had a Brother from another Lodge perform the service for our WM a couple of months ago. I've never seen one performed and to actually participate was moving.

3. Wingnut

Wingnut Premium Member

Dist 9 has a Funeral Team

4. nick1368

nick1368 Registered User

We have 3 guys that do it in our lodge and "young" Brother is learning it.

5. js4253

js4253 Premium Member Premium Member

San Antonio has a funeral master group. However, some lodges do their own,

6. JEbeling

JEbeling Guest

There are two brothern in our lodge who do the service.. ! the one does the shorter service which at large services it works out well after a long church service.. ! I do the longer service.. the older one in the lightfoot .. works out best when there is only a grave side service.. !

Both show that masons care.. ! and it is one of the few times we assemble as masons in public.. ! it is always best to have brothern know where to stand and whats going to happen in the service.. ! if there are brothern from other lodges there.. !

7. rhitland

rhitland Founding Member Premium Member

We have one in our Lode that I know can confer the burial and the 64th dist has a Funeral Degree team also. To give a man his last Masonic Rites is a wicked eye opening experience one we should all aspire to experience if you play just the JW.

8. Wingnut

Wingnut Premium Member

Has anyone seen a Rose Croix Funeral Service? I heard they were very impressive.

9. Gerald.Harris

Gerald.Harris Premium Member Premium Member

Brother Jones,
    I do most of the Burial Services for League City, and some of the surrounding lodges as well. I do the version that is in the old Lightfoots Monitor. I learned it in 1978 and just havent taken the time to learn the later version in the new Monitor. I do agree with several who have posted on this subject. The ceremony is solemn and should be conducted with the utmost dignity.

Share My Freemasonry