My Freemasonry | Freemason Information and Discussion Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Greetings from Brooklyn NY

Alexander Thomas

Hi I'm Bro Thomas from Brothers of faith #7. I am the new WM of this lodge. I came here to get more knowledge of my duties, and to become a good WM. Im still learning and I realized I have much to learn. I was introduced to masonry by my uncle and with the good and bad things I have seen I still love it just as when I was first accepted. I look forward to getting to meet new brothers and to learn new things. SMIB

Sent from my SM-N920T using My Freemasonry mobile app

Matt L

Site Benefactor
Worshipful Brother Thomas, welcome to the forum. My family settled in Brooklyn when my Grandfather Ignazio came to America in 1903. He owned two shoe stores, one on Nostrand and the other on Flatbush ave. Both my parents were raised in Brooklyn. I was raised in Suffolk County, my parents moved there after my dad came back from WW2.

I have fond memories taking the trip into the "city" to visit my grandparents on Sundays for church and the typical Italian get together with the family. My grandfather was a past president of the Italian American League.

I haven't been to Brooklyn since the early 80's. But I'm a Brooklynite at heart.