My Freemasonry | Freemason Information and Discussion Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Greetings from Santiago, Chile

Rod_Duran

Greetings brethren! I entered the Craft in April of 2013, Huelen Lodge, Santiago Chile (an English speaking lodge, and chartered under the G.L. of Massachusetts). It's a pleasure and honor to be a part of this amazing brotherhood. Un abrazo fraternal to one and all.

Sent From My Freemasonry Pro App

dfreybur

Premium Member
I entered the Craft in April of 2013, Huelen Lodge, Santiago Chile (an English speaking lodge, and chartered under the G.L. of Massachusetts).

Welcome to the forum!

This is an interesting variation among jurisdictions. Some jurisdictions like Texas restrict themselves to chartering lodges within their own current territory. Other jurisdictions charter lodges elsewhere sometimes in cooperation with the native jurisdiction.

Rod_Duran

Thank you everyone! Yes, it is very interesting. It started with brethren from the U.S. Stationed here due to their work in commerce and trade. Although it is not under the jurisdiction of the Grand Lodge of Chile, they are gracious enough to house us, our temple is within the confines of the Grand Lodge. It is one of the oldest lodges in Chile. It is humbling to be a part of this group of men.

Sent From My Freemasonry Pro App