My Freemasonry | Freemason Information and Discussion Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Happy Thanksgiving

Matt L

Site Benefactor
My family and I would like to wish a Happy Thanksgiving to all Brothers, Companions, Sir Knights and their families. I read this Thanksgiving prayer a few years ago and it's one of my favorites. It's from the Episcopal Book of Common Prayer. I copied this from an article from SK Brian R. Dodson, Grand Prelate
Grand Commandery, Knights Templar of Texas 2013 from the Knights Templar Magazine;

: “Almighty
God, Father of all mercies, we thine unworthy servants do give thee most humble and hearty
thanks for all thy goodness and loving-kindness to us and to all men. We bless thee for our
creation, preservation, and all the blessings of this life; but above all for thine inestimable love in
the redemption of the world by our Lord Jesus Christ, for the means of grace, and for the hope of
glory. And, we beseech thee, give us that due sense of all thy mercies, that our hearts may be
unfeignedly thankful; and that we show forth thy praise, not only with our lips, but in our lives, by
giving up our selves to thy service, and by walking before thee in holiness and righteousness all
our days; through Jesus Christ our Lord, to whom, with thee and the Holy Ghost, be all honor and
glory, world without end. Amen.”
So in this Thanksgiving season, may the peace of God that passes all understanding, be and remain with us all evermore. Amen.