My Freemasonry | Freemason Information and Discussion Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Have you read the entire Bible?

jbolt

Yes at Baylor Univ. we had Religion I and Religion II (Old and New Testament). That was in 1985-87. Only parts since then.

barryguitar

The first book my father read to me was the Holy Bible, at my bedside, from the time I was born. He would set me in his lap and I would follow his finger over the words. Before I ever stepped into a school, I had read the new testament. While most of my second grade class was learning phonetics I was, every morning over breakfast, stumbling my way thru the old testament names of who begat whom. The Kings and Chronicles are still my favorite!!! I no longer read my Bible daily, but when I do, I deepen in my Knowledge of it. While I think it important to be aware of all the holy books (Gita, Koran, the apocripha, ect.) The bible alone proves itself to be divinely inspired. Writing this has convinced me that I need to restart my old habits

Blake Bowden

Administrator
Staff Member
The first book my father read to me was the Holy Bible, at my bedside, from the time I was born. He would set me in his lap and I would follow his finger over the words. Before I ever stepped into a school, I had read the new testament. While most of my second grade class was learning phonetics I was, every morning over breakfast, stumbling my way thru the old testament names of who begat whom. The Kings and Chronicles are still my favorite!!! I no longer read my Bible daily, but when I do, I deepen in my Knowledge of it. While I think it important to be aware of all the holy books (Gita, Koran, the apocripha, ect.) The bible alone proves itself to be divinely inspired. Writing this has convinced me that I need to restart my old habits

That's wonderful!

PeterLT

Premium Member
Yes I have. When I was a young soldier, back in the age of crossbows, I went AWOL and got 30 days detention. The only things permitted for reading was the regulations and the Bible. It was a great read as the conditions were right for it...solitude, quiet, wasn't going anywhere...