My Freemasonry | Freemason Information and Discussion Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

hello brethren

Ratchet

Greetings from Punxsutawney, Pa. !!! Yes it's the place with Punxsy Phil, the groundhog !!! I've been a member of John W. Jenks Lodge # 534 for 33 years. I started filling one the appointed officer's chairs shortly after been raised and was Master of our Lodge in 1984. Also was High Priest of William S. Daugherty Royal Arch Chapter # 313 in 1986. So in a short time I had a pretty full plate !!!! I was secretary of our Lodge for several years until I had to drop it to take a 2nd job just to make ends meet.
Things got worse when my dad's, mom's, & 1st wife's health started getting bad & within 2 1/2 years the 3 of them died. I had two young sons to raise on my own for several years so I had to give up attending any meetings for quite a few years. Things have improved now and if things go according to plan, I'll be elected Junior Warden this coming December. You can say I'm a glutton for punishment but one of the most satisfying things in the world is giving back to my Lodge what it has give me.

Brent Heilman

Premium Member
You have had quite the hand dealt to you. I am sorry to hear of your past losses. Those are always trying times and I commend you for raising the kids on your own. It is a tough job with two people and one would be even harder. Welcome to the forums here and I am sure you will find a lot of stuff here that will give you more Light. Congrats on the potential JW and welcome back to Masonry.

towerbuilder7

Premium Member
WELCOME BACK, and we are happy to hear that you have persevered through those trying times and trials in your life. I think you will enjoy this Forum; there is a lot to read, and also a lot of younger Brethren that are members who are eager to LISTEN AND LEARN from Brothers with Lodge and LIFE experience like you. Good Luck on your reentry back in the Line.

Bro Vincent C. Jones, Sr., Lodge Chaplain, Bayou City Lodge #228
Prince Hall Affiliation, Free and Accepted Masonry, Houston, Texas
Most Worshipful Prince Hall Grand Lodge of Texas