My Freemasonry | Freemason Information and Discussion Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Hello from East of England

Samue1son

Hello. My (user)name is Samue1son. I'll leave it mysterious for now ;)

My Grandfather was a FreeMason (RIP). My Uncle is currently.
They were both born British but also ended up with Canadian citizenship.
I live in England.

My life has been full of searching, of things I consider (higher) truth.
The few things that my family shared with me, roused my interest in Masonry and now I'm pushing 40, I grow more curious.

I may be considered a religious man. A Christian. Though I find some knowledge exists from other sources that in fact enhance my understanding of what I believe.

I'm glad that this website exists. Even without knowing secrets; enough can be fathomed somewhat to learn a few things.

I also happen to work with a Mason (a work mentor in my field), who I shall leave un-named but interestingly, he's also quite a difficult person. A few people I've met of late who are "in the club", don't hold fast to some of the character traits I came to know amongst the older gentlemen.

Has something changed in the core of Freemasonry? Is it rude to ask - has it been watered down in some way?

I hope my intro isn't too long and my questions don't seem absurd.

Kind regards,

Samue1son.

drose

Greetings,

Just curious why you insist on such “mystery” when introducing yourself and speaking of other masons.

We as Freemasons are not mysterious, although certain aspects of The Craft are.

Also, have you asked your mentor at work the same questions you have asked here?

Samue1son

Greetings,

Just curious why you insist on such “mystery” when introducing yourself and speaking of other masons.

We as Freemasons are not mysterious, although certain aspects of The Craft are.

Also, have you asked your mentor at work the same questions you have asked here?

Hello.

It's more to do with my Internet security than much else.
I'm not particularly otherwise mysterious.

No. What I see on this forum is a gathering of different minds. The only question I asked above is about Masonry today vs 30+ years ago.

I didn't want to give some outright character assassination, nor insinuate I know something but I'd prefer to ask on here.

drose

Awesome, valid point and I appreciate the clarification.

Once again, greetings and welcome to the forum.

As I have only been a Freemason a few months, I will leave it to one of the more seasoned brothers to answer.

Samue1son

Awesome, valid point and I appreciate the clarification.

Once again, greetings and welcome to the forum.

As I have only been a Freemason a few months, I will leave it to one of the more seasoned brothers to answer.
Much obliged sir.

Maybe I should ask something like this on the main forum?

I am thankful for your response.

I hope your journey is a positive one.

Brother JC

Moderating Staff
Staff Member
People are people, even Masons. Some are exactly what you’d expect, some aren’t.
You are comparing an extremely small cross-section from two very different generations. Has something changed? No, everything has changed.
Masonry remains the same, overall, but people have become more disconnected, more distracted, and less tolerant of others.