Hello from Italy

Discussion in 'New Member Introductions' started by Colby K, Apr 24, 2012.

1. Colby K

Colby K Premium Member

Brethren,
    I am Bro. Colby Karaim, a resently raised MM serving in the Navy in Italy. I do plan on moving to the Austin area in 2014. My journey so far has been life changing and I can't wait to continue.

2. Brent Heilman

Brent Heilman Premium Member

Welcome to the forums! Where in Italy are you?

3. LukeD

LukeD Registered User

Greetings. Based on your post I learned we had American Lodges overseas, or predominately military lodges. I was under the impression military lodges were only chartered by PHA grand lodges. Interesting to see you fall under the Grand Orient of Italy. Hopefully I'll be heading to Aviano in the future. I spent 5 years in Germany before I PCS'd back to the states, and I miss Europe a lot. Good luck and stay safe.

4. Blake Bowden

Blake Bowden Administrator Staff Member

Welcome to the Forum my Brother. Italy is such a beautiful country! Enjoy your stay...Square Well.

5. Bro. Stewart P.M.

Bro. Stewart P.M. Lead Moderator Emeritus Staff Member

Welcome indeed!

6. David Hill

David Hill Registered User

Welcome! Feel free to drop by Hill City Lodge #456 when you get to Austin!

7. Colby K

Colby K Premium Member

I am near Catania (Sicily). It is great here but I'm excited to get back to the states. There are lodges all over Italy for military. This surprised me too but I like it. I'm glad I had the opportunity to start my travels here. Thank you brethren for your warm welcome.

8. massmason

massmason Registered User

I did two years in Geata, Italy on USS Belknap. Great time in my life! Enjoy it!

9. Colby K

Colby K Premium Member

Bro. David, Thanks for the Invite! I'll definitely stop buy when I get there.

10. Colby K

Colby K Premium Member

We are enjoying it very much. Exploring Europe is amazing. I am so thankful for this oppourtunity.

11. KSigMason

KSigMason Traveling Templar Site Benefactor

Greetings and welcome. I traveled to Italy in 2011 for my 2-week mid-tour leave. I had an amazing time and I plan on going back as soon as I can afford it.

12. Colby K

Colby K Premium Member

I was just reading through old post. Funny how things change. No longer going to Austin. Decided to stay Navy. Virginia is next now.

Share My Freemasonry