My Freemasonry | Freemason Information and Discussion Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Hello from Pennsylvania

Mark Stockdale

Premium Member
Welcome Brother
Welcome.jpg

Keith C

Welcome Brother!

Which Lodge?

I will share the advice that I do to every new forum member from the Right Worshipful Grand Lodge of the Most Ancient and Honorable Fraternity of Free and Accepted Masons of Pennsylvania and other Masonic Jurisdictions Thereunto Belonging.

We in PA do EVERYTHING differently than ANY other jurisdiction. So do not be dismayed when the discussions on here sound nothing like how you experience the Fraternity!

Premium Member
OK, wait. I know we all do the very same things very differently, but you've really piqued my curiosity here, Keith C. (But, I have no questions, so I expect no answers.) Very interesting. I myself am in Washington State.

Keith C

OK, wait. I know we all do the very same things very differently, but you've really piqued my curiosity here, Keith C. (But, I have no questions, so I expect no answers.) Very interesting. I myself am in Washington State.

Just for a start, we have Lodge Officers that other Jurisdictions do not. Our ritual is totally different, one example is there is no "Staircase Lecture" in the FC degree. What most visitors from other jurisdiction first notice is the "dance" we do with the WM's gavel and the Warden's columns when opening and closing Lodge.

Find an excuse to visit PA, heck come to Philly, a tour of our Grand Lodge Temple is worth the trip alone, and visit a Lodge!

Bloke

Premium Member
Greetings Brother Sivad!

Welcome Brother!

Which Lodge?

I will share the advice that I do to every new forum member from the Right Worshipful Grand Lodge of the Most Ancient and Honorable Fraternity of Free and Accepted Masons of Pennsylvania and other Masonic Jurisdictions Thereunto Belonging.

We in PA do EVERYTHING differently than ANY other jurisdiction. So do not be dismayed when the discussions on here sound nothing like how you experience the Fraternity!

Well, you do have aprons, are rumoured to have three degrees and call yourselves Freemasons.. and you have a Grand Master and Worshipful Masters.. and you meet in Warranted Lodges... other than that, I think you might be right !

:p