Hello from Tijuana

Discussion in 'New Member Introductions' started by Pacotj, Feb 16, 2011.

1. Pacotj

Pacotj Registered User

Hello Brothers, I'm new in the forum and hoping to learn a lot from all of you.

2. Beathard

Beathard Premium Member

Welcome

3. Dave in Waco

Dave in Waco Premium Member

Welcome aboard Brother!!

4. Bro. Stewart P.M.

Bro. Stewart P.M. Lead Moderator Emeritus Staff Member

Welcome to Masons of Texas!

5. Bro.BruceBenjamin

Bro.BruceBenjamin Premium Member

Welcome aboard.

6. jwhoff

jwhoff Premium Member

Welcome brother.

Now it's time for you to provide us with more light.

God Bless ... jwhoff

7. Blake Bowden

Blake Bowden Administrator Staff Member

Welcome Brother!

8. tomgndallas

tomgndallas Registered User

Hola and Bienvenidos Brother. I lived in San Diego 10 years before moving to Dallas TX. I have spent quite a bit of time south of the border, Tijuana, Ensenada, Rosarito (wow that placed changed), and Cabo.

Take care and stay off Cohuilla...lol..

Tom G

9. Pacotj

Pacotj Registered User

Hello Brother tomgndallas and to all who welcome me to the forum. It's nice to know you lived in San Diego. I'm planning to move later this year to San Diego in Escondido.

Currently I am a MM from a Rito Nacional Mexicano lodge.

And yes the violance and kidnappings are the reasons I'm moving.

I'm glad to hear you know very well Baja and I'm learning a lot from you brothers of Texas.

Regards.

10. jwhoff

jwhoff Premium Member

A month in LaPaz during the winter of '84. When I left Houston it was less than 10 degrees. When I got to Los Mochos it was 68 degress and the sun was splashing into the Sea of Cortez. One Aero Mexico DC-9 and three total passangers later I was having a nitecap at Carlos on the beaches of LaPaz. Warm desert and cool sea breezes with good beer kept me there 39 glorious days.

Have you seen Biahia del Muerto? Muey buento! The snorkling and fresh roasted lobster are fine! We stayed in old fisherman shacks on a few of the islands left there for the next visitor. Was nearly shipwrecked by a pregant big gray whale near one of the islands. Man, that's some serious displacement brother! Serious displacement!

I saw early signs of the cartel at work during those days and am very sorry for the current state of affairs. Back then the only folks I saw carryng guns were the green local authorities and the blue army boys. Mexico, a peaceful people in a beautiful country, is getting a bad wrap now because of the criminal element. I pray often for your deliverance.

Share My Freemasonry