My Freemasonry | Freemason Information and Discussion Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Hillbilly Degree

Blake Bowden

Administrator
Staff Member
Saw this on a vehicle last week

IMG_5367.JPG

Ripcord22A

Site Benefactor
I looked it up and apparently its the only Shrine unit that donates 100% of its money to the Shrine Hospitals. After operating costs everything goes to the hospital.

Bloke

Premium Member
I looked it up and apparently its the only Shrine unit that donates 100% of its money to the Shrine Hospitals. After operating costs everything goes to the hospital.
Note sure that's right - wouldn't each unit make that decision? We don't have units here cause it was decided (by us) we're too small - but I think that was a mistake... 100% of our income "after costs" being the usual like rent and food goes to benevolent activities for kids health

Reactions: MBC

cemab4y

Premium Member
I took the hillbilly degree at Aladdin Shrine in 1990. My wife also joined. We joined "Clan 9" and "Outhouse 8". The individual hillbilly units at the various Shrine centers are called "outhouses".
The motto is "Honor the cob, respect the crescent upon the door".