Historic Texas Celebrations...

Discussion in 'Upcoming Masonic Events' started by TCShelton, Nov 23, 2008.

1. TCShelton

TCShelton Founding Member Premium Member

Do any of you go to the Alamo/San Jacinto/etc Masonic observances?

2. js4253

js4253 Premium Member Premium Member

I have been to the Alamo. Alamo Lodge No. 44 actually opens Lodge in the Alamo. I think it is a moving experience to attend Lodge in same location as the Alamo heroes. There are not many Worshipful Masters that can say they have opened Lodge in the Alamo!

3. Bro Mike

Bro Mike Registered User

I really want to attend the next time a lodge meets at the Alamo. Anyone know when it happens?

4. nick1368

nick1368 Registered User

I bet it is an awesome feeling to sit in Lodge where Masonic Heros defended Texas.

5. ravickery03

ravickery03 Guest

December 12th with the new GM presiding over the lodge, the introductions take for ever but it's really good.

Also, bring your own apron, they normally don't supply them.

I will be there for sure if someone wants to meet let me know and we can meet in one location.

To the original question the experience is very moving as not many masons can say they sat in lodge in the Alamo, and it's good to see brothers drive in from surrounding area, it's also a true Texas Masonic experience.

6. RJS

RJS Guest

I would like to attend as well. Do you have to be invited or register for it or can you just show up?

7. Bro Mike

Bro Mike Registered User

I am interested, too.

8. ravickery03

ravickery03 Guest

Just be a Master Mason in Good Standing, it's easier if you know someone who can vouch for you.

They should be sending out something soon for an announcement, I couldn't find anything on Alamo Lodge's website or the GLoTX website.

Let me know if you want to meet up.

9. ravickery03

ravickery03 Guest

Sweet, we can order customized ties now for the Masons of Texas Discussion Forum group. : )

10. cmoreno85tx

cmoreno85tx Registered User

I want in too

11. TexMass

TexMass Registered User

I want a tie that looks like a cable tow. lol.

Share My Freemasonry