My Freemasonry | Freemason Information and Discussion Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

History Channel

Blake Bowden

Administrator
Staff Member
The wife and I were watching a show on History International about the Knights Templars and low and behold a "Freemasonry Secrets Revealed" program followed. I watched a few minutes and was in disgust. They disclosed the grip of a MM, including part of the ceremony. What ticks me off is that Brothers were BLATANTLY violating their obligations and participated in the filming of the ritual work. Shame on them.

Bro. Stewart P.M.

Lead Moderator Emeritus
Staff Member
Although there "may" be some secrets revealed on said program, the worst that we can do is attract attention to anything that "might" be included on the show. I have viewed all of the supposed Freemasonry Secrets programs that are presented by the History Channel, and I "may" know of "some" references that you mention above...

I am also disgusted as to the bits and pieces revealed, however it is what it is. The best thing that I can suggest for any Brother to do either on the internet or in person is... DENY, DENY, DENY!!!

J

JEbeling

The History Channel was purchased by Radical elements of NBC... ! if you noticed a lot of History has been slanted..? to the liberal side.. ? even is you watched the show you still couldn't get into any lodge I know..?

dhouseholder

Although there "may" be some secrets revealed on said program, the worst that we can do is attract attention to anything that "might" be included on the show. I have viewed all of the supposed Freemasonry Secrets programs that are presented by the History Channel, and I "may" know of "some" references that you mention above...

I am also disgusted as to the bits and pieces revealed, however it is what it is. The best thing that I can suggest for any Brother to do either on the internet or in person is... DENY, DENY, DENY!!!

+1000

Hippie19950

Premium Member
If the "Brothers" were identifiable, perhaps grievances, or charges could be filed with their Grand Lodge. It probably wouldn't do much, as they are either OK with what took place, or these folks have already been dealt whatever punishment their GL figured was proper. If there is anything that could be used, then as mentioned, let folks who question know the only way they can really know for sure, is to join, and see if in fact it is true. Only those who would actually become earnest would go that far FOR THE MOST PART. I'm sure there are others who might do it, just to prove what we were denying was in fact true...

Nate Riley

Premium Member
I watched part of it and have it on DVR to watch when I have time. Those brothers (which include Brent Morris one of the top hands with the Scottish Rite) did interview segments and that were used in the show. The same sound bites are used in many of the shows, so it is likely the producers reuse them. I once heard Chris Hodapp alude to the fact that they don't know what the show will be like in the end. So I would say that unless they actually revealed something that was actually secret themselves, I don't think they can be accountable for the entire content of the show. In the few minutes I was able to watch, I saw several incorrect "secrets" (including Ben Franklin giving a grip that was incorrect). But also in those few minutes, I didn't hear any of the brethren appearing on the show say anything worthy of a penalty. I can only vouch of that period of time, once I watch the entire show, I may feel differently.

Blake Bowden

Administrator
Staff Member
I was miffed that Masons were re-enacting various parts of the MM degree with step by step descriptions on what was taking place. Also, you they show part of the grip among others.

Last edited by a moderator:
J

JEbeling

This is not the first time I have seen this on TV.. ! about 10 years ago there was some religious nut from Tenn I think that has some show that he was out after masons and showed his virsion of what he though went on in lodge..? he would stop and explain why this was all anti-christian.. etc.. ! don't remember his name but he spent a ton of money on his anti-masonary rants.. ?

RedTemplar

Johnny Joe Combs
Premium Member
This is not the first time I have seen this on TV.. ! about 10 years ago there was some religious nut from Tenn I think that has some show that he was out after masons and showed his virsion of what he though went on in lodge..? he would stop and explain why this was all anti-christian.. etc.. ! don't remember his name but he spent a ton of money on his anti-masonary rants.. ?

John Ankerberg was the man peddling anti-masonic tapes. What a ministry.

IMHO, watching a ritual out of context, performed in a half-a$$ed manner by men who have never been or ever will become true Masons is a far cry from the real thing.

dhouseholder

mason7.jpg

;)

Nate Riley

Premium Member
I was miffed that Masons were re-enacting various parts of the MM degree with step by step descriptions on what was taking place. Also, you they show the lions paw grip among others.

After watching more, I think the folks doing the reenactments are actors (hopefully not masons). A key to these parts of the show is Duncan's Ritual.

This is not to say that I agree with the whole deal, but this kind of stuff has been published since shortly after 1717.

BTW, because of some of the references we have made on this thread, it may be appropriate to move it to the Sactum.

Payne

I have seen a few of the show that claim to reveled the secrets and I was in shock at how close to the truth they are and sad that a Brother would break his obligation. But as many have pointed out since 1717 I guess many of done this . I'm just glad I did not see these till after i was raised.