My Freemasonry | Freemason Information and Discussion Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Holiday Wishes from Grand Master T.E. "Gene" Carnes and First Lady Gay Carnes

News Feeder

My Dear Brethren and Ladies,

In this season of celebration, it has long been a custom for gifts to be exchanged. It would be wonderful if we could give everyone we know or meet a gift.

Theodore Roosevelt had this quote on display on his desk when he was President:
“The value of a smile-costs nothing-but creates much. It is rest to the weary-daylight to the discouraged-sunshine to the sad-and nature’s best antidote for trouble! Yet-it cannot be bought, begged, borrowed or stolen-for it is something that is no earthly good to anybody-until it is given away!”

The sun is an emblem of cheer. As it rises in the East and floods the earth with warmth and beauty, so should the sun of cheerfulness ever be in the hearts of us humans to help brighten the lives of others. A cheerful smile is a gift we can give to everyone.

Gay and I wish for you and your family a safe and wonderful Holiday Season, a Very Merry Christmas, and a happy and prosperous New Year! May the joy and spirit of Christmas and Hanukkah be in your lives all year long!

T. E. “Gene” Carnes

Grand Master

read more

More...