My Freemasonry | Freemason Information and Discussion Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

How does one remind a MM about the first degree?

Virgin Islands Brother

I am not the epitome of virtue nor do I profess to have learned all I need to know. However in my short journey, i do remember the 1st degree. I have met many new and accomplished brothers. Many are excellent men while conversations and observations of others give the impression that the some principles, of the 1st degree, may be a bit hazy in their mind. As we are all men who, regardless of teachings, may not remember the importance of a tool like the common gavel, is it wise to inform a brother of this lapse in his memory or leave it alone? If you leave the subject alone, the brother of interest, dooms himself to alienation. Whereas if you inform the brother of his disposition, and he chooses to adhere, his wealth of knowledge will ultimately enrich and enliven the Lodge. Would you speak or remain silent?

jhale1158

I would speak. Whether or not the brother addresses the issue at hand, with competence or not, it shows that you as a brother care and it will plant a seed in his mind and eventually he will reap the fruit of your help.

California Master

Just do it in a private setting so as not to embarass the brother. Remember that you are whipering good counsel in his ear and are are attempting to bring about a refirmation.

THurse

Premium Member
This is where i'am confused about, I keep at the basic fundamentals, but I still have lots to learn myself. The saying that sticks to my mind as well as you're studies, is if you want to know you ask.