My Freemasonry | Freemason Information and Discussion Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

How long before you visited another lodge?

How long before you visited another lodge after you were raised?

• I have never visited another lodge...

Votes: 2 6.3%
  • As soon as I could..

Votes: 18 56.3%
  • Less than a year.

Votes: 12 37.5%
  • More than a year...

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

david918

Premium Member
It was a couple of months for me.The soonest visits I know of were 2 friends of mine raised on a Sat.morning in Army lodge in SA,after lunch we took them to visit Lonnie Irwin Daylite lodge.

Benton

Premium Member
I voted that I hadn't visited another lodge, but that's not true, I've sat in on a called meeting for an EA's proficiency in a nearby lodge while I was still an FC. Just didn't think about it until after I clicked the button. :p

Edit:

Actually haven't visited another lodge since my raising, now that I think about it. I guess I don't feel the need, usually. York Rite keeps me busy enough and allows me to see most of the other blue lodge guys in the area that I don't normally see.

Last edited:

Beathard

Premium Member
I visited a lodge the next night. In fact I visited 4 lodges within 3 weeks of being raised. My friends in the lodge got me involved immediately.

Last edited:

Jacob Johnson

I went and sat in on an EA the same week I received my EA. Since I was raised? I've probably only visited 2 or 3 other lodges.

tom268

Well, I actually visited my first lodge 2 weeks after my initiation. Here, a EA can visit other lodges, when accompanied by a MM. Not all lodges do so, but most. We usually visit as FC, you actually have to visit as a FC, if you want to be raised. At least, many lodges hold it that way. My first visit was with a brother of my lodge to a lodge, he holds dual membership.

But personally, I would not vote for "as soon as I can". One should be versed in the own ways before visiting.

Goatrider

Since I was raised in March of this year I have visited 12 lodges. Since I was initiated I gave visited 13 the thirteenth was the week after my initiation.

David Duke

Premium Member
I visit as often as I can it is one of the best ways to find light, since I am doing the duties as lodge secretary my time has been severely cramped however.

Correct me if I'm wrong but isn't one of the requirements of the A.L.L. program a visit to a neighboring lodge and the A.L.L. program is to be completed in 90 days.

Bro. Bennett

Premium Member
I was raised on a saturday, our WM is also DDGM, so Monday, Thursday, and Friday we visited other lodges and Tuesday was our regular meeting.

S.Courtemanche

Premium Member
I petitioned the Belton Lodge as soon as I was raised, and I visited the Salado Lodge within the month. I have freinds in both. I have not sat in lodge in Killeen nor in Holland yet, but hope to soon.

jwhoff

Premium Member
Hey Brother Mik(ie)May. I was lucky enough to come in 007 when the Grand Master was handing out EA and FC pens. About two weeks after I was initiated PGM Donny Broughton penned an EA pin on me at the annual Holland 1 visit. Two months later he pinned a FC pen on me, also in Houston. Those are certainly grand memories for me. What a start!

Since I travel at least once a month. I also belong to two lodges.

Mac

Premium Member
Within maybe 4-5 days of my EA, I was watching someone else go through the same degree at a different lodge. I had been advised that it would help with the memory work, and boy it did!

Ashlar

I was out visiting the day after I was Raised . And I would encourage all new Master Masons to get out and visit . By getting out there and visiting you meet more brothers who have more to teach you . I was not only taught by my own lodge brothers , but from many well versed Brethren from many different lodges . It had widened my pool of brethren to choose from when in need of answers very quickly , and I still go to many of these brothers for help when needed . I have been a Mason for many years but to this day no matter what Lodge I am visiting , I always pick up little tidbits here or there and learn something new .

jwhoff

Premium Member
I always pick up little tidbits here or there and learn something new .

More should. In the long run, this keeps a lodge from becoming stale. We should be out observing other lodges. Question (internally) what you see different. Then go out and get a second opinion of what is correct. Make sure your lodge is following correct practices.

Meeting new brethren is among the wages you receive.

cacarter

Premium Member
The day after I was raised, I went to the meeting for the lodge that shares our building. The next Saturday I was at a district wide outdoor hilltop degree, and they had me take part in the degree team. Probably because they needed someone young.