How To Join Freemason In Nigeria

Discussion in 'Becoming a Freemason' started by districtgrandlodgeofficer, Jan 7, 2020.

1. districtgrandlodgeofficer

districtgrandlodgeofficer Registered User

Freemasonry is neither secret nor occultism. Christians, Jews and Muslims are not forbidden from joining unless they live in a despotic country. God is referred to as a Supreme Being because a Lodge may be made up of many faiths. By calling God the Supreme Being, everyone understands that God is of their faith.

To become a Freemason in Nigeria kindly locate a lodge or lodge member close to you or write to the District Grant Lodge of Nigeria through:

District Grand Master
    Chief Moses O. Taiga

District Grand Secretary
    Patrick (Femi) O. Oroyemi

Address
    St George’s Hall
    28 Broad Street
    Lagos Island
    Nigeria
    Tel: [234] (0)8125611941

2. Bloke

Bloke Premium Member

Hello Brother

As you can see, we do get a lot of questions about men becoming Freemasons in Africa. I know little about the state of Freemasonry in Nigeria - can you tell us something of it ?

3. Frank Felix Kalungura

Frank Felix Kalungura Registered User

Am looking for Tanzania Freemasonry are anyone here

4. Glen Cook

Glen Cook G A Cook Site Benefactor

While I’m appreciative of the input from a Nigerian source, your description of countries such as Sweden, where the fraternity requires one to profess Christianity, as despotic, is not well taken. There are also grand lodges which are monotheistic, require belief in resurrection, and/or belief in the immortality of the soul.

5. Elexir

Elexir Registered User

To be honest you can join freemasonry in Sweden even as a jew or a muslim since the Grand lodge of Finland started lodges here.

6. Glen Cook

Glen Cook G A Cook Site Benefactor

Thanks. I should have limited my statement.

7. Matt1

Matt1 Registered User

I was thinking that Swedes have Finnish freemasonry for Finnish speaking Swedes and we have Swedish Freemasonry for Swedish speaking Finns. But this is a good reason too. I guess even the GLOF lodges in Sweden speak Swedish?

8. Elexir

Elexir Registered User

Yes. Ive been to an FC under the GLoF and the ritual was done in Swedish.

Matt1 likes this.

Share My Freemasonry